Break into Product Management: The Startup & Scale-up Way
What you'll learn
- Deliver with impact by learning how to create products that make a real difference and achieve product-market fit.
- Tackle growth challenges in businesses by developing a growth-driven product development mindset
- Thrive in any kind of an environment by mastering the end-to-end product development process
- Succeed in startups & scale-ups by understanding how product management differs in those kind of businesses compared to corporate environments
- Unlock commercial success by driving the right "North Star" KPIs that matter for your product
- Be able to build digital products by understanding how digital products are made and how Product Managers truly shape them
- Maximise the value you create from the resources allocated to you by taking a goal-oriented approach
- Tackle change in fast paced environments by unlocking a unique product roadmapping technique
- Bring clarity and alignment to the cross-functional process by understanding how to create a comprehensive Product Requirements Document (PRD)
- Say goodbye to "scope creep" by unlocking the right way of managing scope in your development process
- Correctly identify the needs of your customers through an alternative approach to customer personas
- Launch successful Minimum Viable Products (MVP) by learning how to manage the risk associated with them
- Build traction for your product by understanding Go-to-Market strategies and how to implement them
- Fine-tune your product's growth through A/B testing, ensuring it reaches its full potential.
- Communicate effectively with Software Engineers by understanding the role of APIs and the basics of software architecture patterns
- Get stakeholders to support you on the product building journey by understanding how to identify critical stakeholders and practices for stakeholder engagement
- Become a strategic Product Manager by understanding the CEO mindset and the best practices for partnering with CEOs
- Masterfully navigate design discussions by understanding three critical design frameworks and how to best pick a framework for different kinds of problems
- Deliver high-impact products that achieve product market fit by mastering Product Strategy & Product Growth Strategy
- Drive commercial impact by understanding the best practices and techniques for leveraging Product-led Growth
- Immerse yourself in the daily life of a Product Manager through a unique problem-solving exercise.
- Set yourself apart from other Product Managers by unlocking 30 valuable skills that hiring managers look at when assessing Product Managers
- No prior experience necessary
Become a Product Manager with this brand new course!
This course is a comprehensive and complete guide to Product Management, where you will learn everything, ranging from the '101' kind of things, all the way to Product Strategy and Product Growth Strategy (including Product Led Growth). Learn all the needed skills that land you your dream product manager job!
As you progress through this course, you will unlock 30 valuable skills in your product manager toolbox that you can apply to create incredible value in your business. This course is designed to cut through the fluff and nonsense, and takes a unique approach that is concise, to-the-point and full of real-world examples.
We won't waste our time on frameworks that you will never use, instead we'll simplify everything down as much as possible and using frameworks only when essential. The best product managers solve problems, and find the right tool for each problem depending on the circumstances. And that is exactly the approach we will take in this course.
Quite importantly, this course is focused on developing your product mindset and shaping your commercial sense so you can deliver with maximum impact!
Why you should take this course!
Product Management is one of the most desirable roles in tech, with the average Product Manager Salary around US$100,000. As a product manager you will shape products that drive the growth of the business.
Learn all the needed skills, with examples of how to apply them
Even if you don't want to be a product manager, the lessons in this course will help you build your own product and launch your own business. Learn everything it takes to conceptualise a product, especially the strategic and commercial bits which make or break the success of the product.
Engage better with product management to get better outcomes for your team if you're in engineering, sales, marketing design or customer support.
Meet your instructor - Asher Saeed
I designed this course based on two decades of experience building businesses and managing products in high growth businesses. This course has a special focus on Product Management in Startups and Scaleups however, everything you learn can be applied in any product role in any size of business! My experience includes leading American and Australian technology businesses such as: Trilogy Automotive, hipages Group, Hey You, Autotrader, Whizz and CarExpert. I have a passion for Product Management and have mentored several aspiring Product Managers, helping them land their first role in product.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone looking to become a Product Manager
- Existing Product Managers looking to upskill themselves or become a Product Manager in a startup
- Anyone who wants to work better with Product Management
- Anyone looking to build a digital product
I’m am a seasoned product and technology leader who has shaped several reputable American & Australian technology startups and scale ups. With over a decade of experience in product management and C-Suite leadership, I’ve built products with incredible product market fit and also the product teams behind those products.
Most of my products have had highly successful exits either via IPO or through an acquisition. Some highlights from my career include hipages Group Pty Limited, Autotrader (Cox Automotive Australia), Hey You and most recently CarExpert Pty Ltd.