How to build fast and efficiently your startup?
- 5.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 13 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Built your startup fast and cheap
- Conduct market research for your startup with little money
- Analyze the data and to make educated guess what is your competition doing
- Understand your business model and pick the right KPIs to concentrate on
- Pick the right MVP for your startup
- Pick the right growth model and hacks that you should apply in your business
- You will get additional resources (examples of analyses, growth hacks, business models in Excel)
- Basic or intermediate Excel
Why we decided to create this course?
We work with startups on daily basis within our accelerator (StartupAkademia) and we have noticed that despite the tones of very good books on lean methods (i.e. Lean Analytics, Running Lean etc.) startups have problems with applying this knowledge in practice. We have noticed also some consistent problems that we felt needed more pragmatic solutions. First problem that we spotted was the fact that startups do not know how to do market research, spy on competition and analyze data. Second thing we have noticed is that, especially first time startups, do not really understand their business model (which is totally understandable). That's why, it is very difficult for them to know what they should concentrate on. Third problem, that probably was the biggest source of failure, was not sufficient creativity when it came to acquiring customers. Startups have no problems with naming (not always applying efficiently) how to acquire customers through ads (facebook, adwords, display ads) but they would have problems with finding the right set of non-standard, yet very efficient moves that would work on their market (you can call them growth hacks, tricks or simply tactics)
The interesting thing was that those problems were pretty universal regardless of the industry, business model or even whether they were ran independently or supported by big corporation.
So one day, to make our life easier (repeating the same staff on and on is not that fun ;)), we have decided it is time to create a tool that will help our startups and any other to get going faster and more efficient. We started with the do-it-yourself StartupAkademia (half of info is available also in English so go and check that). We have seen that this is still not enough so we proceeded to make on-line courses supplemented with simple yet very powerful tools.
What will this course give you?
The course is a practical, step by step guide loaded with tones of simple tools that will help you significantly to speed up with your startup. There is little theory – mainly examples, a lot of tips from our own experience as well as other notable examples worth mentioning. Our intention is that thanks to the course you will know:
- what your business model is about, what to concentrate on and what are the key KPIs for you?
- how to research your market, competition and your customers, draw conclusions from the data and apply it in your business?
- what Minimal Viable Product (MVP) to choose and what it will give you, how much it may cost?
On top of that every moth we organize office hours for 5 startups (first come first served bases) during which startups get 30 minutes to ask as directly (phone, Whatsapp or Skype) for advices.
How the course is organized?
The course is divided currently in 3 sections and will be adding new section to address other important issues. Currently you will find the following sections:
- Market research - effective and cheap - advanced version. In this section you will learn what kind of methods you can use to get to know better your customers and competitors
- Startup Business Models. At the end of the section you will have a good understanding of different business models, you will know what KPIs are important depending on the business and what you should concentrate on. You should also be able to guess to which business model your startup has biggest resemblance
- What should be the MVP of your business? In this section you will see some examples of MVP. We start with reminder what MVP is and then we move to examples for MVP for: restaurant, on-line store, off-line store, SaaS, books and others
We will be adding also section on growth hacks and tricks used by others, increasing LTV of customers and section presenting business models in Excels so check our course regularly for upgrades.
You will be able also to download many additional resources
- Links to free presentations and movies showing examples of research
- Links to books worth reading
- Excels with calculations showing you how you can do the market research
- Excels with useful analysis showing you how you can draw conclusions
- Presentations of different business models and MVPs
- Startup founders
- Startup employees
- Small and medium business owners
- Analysts in Venture Capitals and Private Equities
- Management / Business Consultants
This will be a short introduction into the course in which I will show you what you will get out of this
We start with a short introduction to the 3 groups of methods we will cover in this section: consulting, on-line and off-line
Reality still bites. Here you will be given short overview of the off-line research methods with suggestion what to be used when
Store Check come in handy whenever you are talking about B2C physical products, services and retail. This methods gives you solid facts on which you can build your business
On-line research is cheap and insightful. We will go through all nice methods how to get to know the market, customer and competitors
In this lecture we will explain you how e-commerce business model works and what you should concentrate on
In this lecture we remind you what is MVP and are the characteristics of perfect (for us) MVP
We give you some tips how to prepare to write a good book and earn money at the same time
In this lecture I will show you how you can build the model in Excel and what conclusions can you draw from it.
Here I will explain you the basics about Pirate Metrics (AARRR approach) that we will use in the course to show what the metric influences
I will show you how you can motivate others to do what you want them to do. By building proper referral program, loyalty scheme or customer on-boarding you can change totally your business
In this lecture I will show you how Dropbox is using behavior contract in referral programs as well as customer on-boarding. Dropbox was also offering additional space if you performed actions that increase his reach and help Word of Mouth. It had its referral program – you could get up to 1 for referring your friend. They have also defined tasks that made you more likely to stay with them and that they were showing you how to use the product
Bobby Burger is a chain of slow burgers that has used behavioral contract to grow their chain rapidly. Bobby Burger was giving discounts and rewards for actions: Contest on facebook, Discount for check-ins, Discount for events organized at their site, Free products for first customers in new place