Starting with Gulp
What you'll learn
- Understand Gulp's task-based nature
- Use Gulp plug-ins to create tasks
- Create runnable "builds" with a single command
- Implement Gulp's "watch" feature to automatically build your JS project
- Use Gulp to pre-process and minfify your SASS files
- Have Gulp re-write your HTML files to reference concatenated, minified JS and CSS
- Learn to install, configure, and program Gulp to work for you! ... and much, much more!
- NO GULP EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED!!!
Cut Out the Boring Bits!
- Install, program, and configure Gulp to work for you
- Create runnable 'builds' with a single command
First we'll explore Gulp at a high level. You'll gain an understanding of what a build system is, what Gulp can do for you, and we'll install and configure gulp according to your own needs. Then, the course divides into two sections; Gulp for development and Gulp for production. In the former, you'll learn about pre-processing SASS, automating your builds, the much lauded 'watch' function and the live re-load function.
What is Gulp?
Who this course is for:
At Stone River eLearning, technology is all we teach. If you're interested in IT, programming, development or design - we have it covered.
Check out our huge catalog of courses and join the over 1,200,000+ students currently taking Stone River eLearning courses. We currently offer 800+ different technology training courses on our Stone River eLearning website and are adding new courses on hot and trending topics every month. A subscription option is available for those with a real passion for learning.