Starting an ISP with MikroTik
- 5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understanding in depth what is DHCP and how it works
- Understanding in depth what is PPPoE and how it works
- Understanding how to use DHCP and PPPoE to distribute internet to customers
- Understanding how to use Mangle with QOS queeing to assign each customer a bandwidth speed on upload and download
- Understanding the use of PCQ Queuing
- Understanding what VLAN is and how to configure it on MikroTik
- Understanding what is the function of Access ports and Trunk ports when using VLAN's
- Understanding how to use VLAN together with DHCP and PPPoE to distribute internet to customers
- Understanding what is the need of Network Address Translation (NAT) and why we need to use it
- You should be familiar with TCP/IP Protocol
- You should have basic networking knowledge
- You should have a beginner knowledge level in MikroTik
- You should have Routing & Switching knowledge
- Reach the internet to the customer premises using technology such as DHCP or PPPoE
- Assign each customer a bandwidth speed
- Configure the ISP router to be able to divide the bandwidth per customer using VLAN's and QOS.
- Sometimes, helping the customer to configure Queuing on his bandwidth to assign each user in his LAN an equal/unequal bandwidth.
For this, I have designed this course to explain in deep of all those topics. My lectures will be based on theory following practical LABs to show you how you can configure those things on the MikrotTik router. The LABs are based on step-by-step with a very friendly way so you can understand the contents in an easy way.
All LABs will be based on real MikroTik equipments and every LAB will be tested by end of each configuration to check if the goal is achieved the way we want.
During the course, I will explain in details and with LABS everything about DHCP, PPPoE, NAT, VLAN, QOS using PCQ queuing, Mangle using Prerouting/Postrouting and much more.
If you want to master all those topics, don't be late and register in my course and get started.
- Anyone who wants to start an Internet Service Provider (ISP) using MikroTik routers
- Anyone who works in an ISP and would like to gain more knowledge in way to distribute internet via MikroTik routers
In this 1st LAB, I am going to configure DHCP server and DHCP clients on 2 MikroTik routers using GNS3 Emulator and check how the DHCP client will receive an IP address from the pool created at the DHCP server.
During this process, I will use Wireshark software to capture the traffic for DHCP between the server and the client and see clearly the 4 DHCP packets communication between the 2 routers.
In this LAB, I am going to show how you can configure the MainRouter to have internet and to offer DHCP IP addresses to the routers of Customer1 and Customer 2
After the MainRouter is able to provide IP addresses to the connected interface of the routers C1 and C2, in this LAB I am going to show you how to configure NAT on the MainRouter to allow C1 and C2 router to be connected to the internet.