Starting a Small Business - Startup Guide for Entrepreneurs
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 12 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- The steps necessary to start a business in the United States.
- All the funding options available for funding your business.
- The various legal forms of doing business in the United States.
- Students will learn the relevant aspects involved in running a business but may be embarrassed to ask their accountant, insurance agent or lawyer.
- How to create a financial plan and the importance of a good accounting system.
- What a small business owner needs to know about search engine optimization and social media.
- Aspects of hiring employees and the importance of using a payroll service.
- You will need a strong work ethic and desire to succeed.
- A university degree is not required to start a business.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- You should already have a good idea of the product or service you will be offering. This course will not delve into the aspects of choosing a good product or service for you.
Are you thinking of starting a business and do not know where to start?
I am an accounting professional with 30 years of professional experience that ranges from working for small mom and pop operations all the way up to stint with a Fortune 500 company in the 1990s. I have experience in many industries including:
Investment Advisory Services
Many small business owners have gotten my assistance in getting their business and accounting system set up properly.
I can help guide you through the steps that you will need to get your business up and running. I will set out a road map for you so you know where your focus should be. This course is divided into sections so you can focus on the area that might be of particular interest to you.
The course is not progressive, and does not build upon the previous lessons, which means you can skip around and focus on the area where you need clarity.
Here is what you get:
Full, lifetime access to the lessons
Future lectures and upgrades and additional material at no additional cost
Unconditional Udemy 30 day money-back guarantee - no questions asked - I am confident you will enjoy my course!
Material is accessible whenever YOU want - even with iPad, iPhone and Android apps.
So if you are looking for a blueprint to get your business started the right way, then sign up today!
- Entrepreneurs ready to start a small business with projected revenues under a million per year.
- Entrepreneurs located in the United States, as the course deals primarily with business considerations in the US, although students from other countries may benefit as well.
- This course is for sole proprietors, or those wanting to form partnerships or corporations.
- Appropriate for university students or high school students that are studying towards a business major such as accounting, finance or marketing.
In this lesson, I will go over some of the negative aspects, or the downsides of running your own business. Of course, there are plenty of advantages of running a successful business, but these are the negative aspects that you should consider before you embark on your journey.
For some people, purchasing an existing business makes a lot of sense. But where do you find them? In this lesson I will give you some ideas on where you can find existing businesses for sale. I will also look at the due diligence process involved if you decide to purchase one.
Choosing the proper form or legal entity for your business will have many ramifications for you legally and from a tax perspective. In this lesson I will go over the 3 basic forms of doing business in the United States and the advantages and disadvantages to each one.
Here are some considerations that you may not be aware of if you are thinking of starting a home based business.
Setting up a financial plan will be crucial in your business venture. In this lesson I will go over the importance of tracking your numbers, the difference in fixed costs versus variable costs along with the three main financial statements that are used by every business in operation.
Having a good accounting system in place will make your life a lot easier for tax reporting and will also give you valuable insights about your business. In this lesson we will look at a few popular accounting software options and what type of activity you need to be concerned with as a business owner.
In some scenarios, a key person insurance policy will make sense if you have others relying on the business income. It could be employees or vendors. This insurance can serve as a temporary bridge in the untimely death of a key person of the organization. Find out more by watching the video.
In this lesson I will go over the difference between independent contractors and employees from a hiring standpoint. I list out a few sites where you can find independent contractors, freelance talent or virtual assistants. I also discuss some good hiring practices.
This lesson will go over the reasons why you should utilize a payroll service company to handle your payroll needs. I will also give you four companies that offer this service. I have personally used all four of their services, but there is one that I like in particular for small businesses.
In this lesson we will look at the differences between two types of search engine optimization. The first type is known as on page and the second type is known as off page. I will discuss what you need to be focusing on as a business owner such as how often should you post items to your website.