Starting a Business: a step-by-step guide by Slidebean CEO
- Curiosity about the Startup world
Starting a business is not an easy task. There are plenty of steps to complete before beginning this very long journey. In this course, we talk from our own experience. Caya, Slidebean CEO, shares useful tips he learned throughout the years: from starting his first company, failing, getting back up, starting a new one (Slidebean) and succeeding.
- Anyone interested in starting their own business
- Founders of a Startup
- Startup CEO Roles and Responsibilities
- Is your business a traditional business or a startup?
- Early Testing: Building the most basic MVP
- Should you compete against an established business?
- Finding a Co-founder
- Startup Founder Agreements and Vesting
- Managing money when there is no money
- Stock Options for Employees
- When to incorporate a business in the US: cost and expenses for startups
- How to Create a Pitch Deck
- Seed Funding for Startups
- Equity and Convertible Notes
- How to approach investors
- Demo Days
Caya has been featured as a 40-Under-40 innovator, he's been a TEDx guest and an alum of accelerators like 500 Startups and DreamIt.
Caya is a serial entrepreneur with a background in graphic design and digital animation. He is one of three company founders and aside from management and operations tasks, he leads the marketing team efforts.