Starting a Business: a step-by-step guide by Slidebean CEO
- Curiosity about the Startup world
Starting a business is not an easy task. There are plenty of steps to complete before beginning this very long journey. In this course, we talk from our own experience. Caya, Slidebean CEO, shares useful tips he learned throughout the years: from starting his first company, failing, getting back up, starting a new one (Slidebean) and succeeding.
- Anyone interested in starting their own business
- Founders of a Startup
- Startup CEO Roles and Responsibilities07:11
- Is your business a traditional business or a startup?04:49
- Early Testing: Building the most basic MVP05:57
- Should you compete against an established business?05:25
- Finding a Co-founder07:39
- Startup Founder Agreements and Vesting07:52
- Managing money when there is no money08:33
- Stock Options for Employees05:06
- When to incorporate a business in the US: cost and expenses for startups08:34
- How to Create a Pitch Deck11:34
- Seed Funding for Startups10:46
- Equity and Convertible Notes14:44
- How to approach investors07:01
- Demo Days07:40
Caya has been featured as a 40-Under-40 innovator, he's been a TEDx guest and an alum of accelerators like 500 Startups and DreamIt.
Caya is a serial entrepreneur with a background in graphic design and digital animation. He is one of three company founders and aside from management and operations tasks, he leads the marketing team efforts.