The Bakery Business Guide: Part 1 - Plan for Success
What you'll learn
- Generating more income for a post-retirement or hobby bakery business, by planning ahead and setting structure.
- Attracting more customers and retaining current customers for current business owners, adding to their current income.
- How to position your business for better visibility in your community.
- Focus on marketing tactics and networking, to attract more orders and business support.
- Discover your true business desires and passions, so you can create a business worth having.
- Learn how to avoid common business mistakes before they occur, which reduces stress and monetary loss.
- There are no additional requirements to take this course.
Save yourself a TON of time and energy as your business grows, by making sure the first few steps you take while building your bakery business, are wise and knowledgeable.
Clear your mind, find your true goals, learn how to network efficiently and plan ahead for the future of your successful bakery business.
Do an overhaul on your current business, to get moving in the right direction.
This course is for
hobby bakers wanting to start a profitable small bakery business (home or storefront)
current bakery owners searching for clarity and to restart/revamp their business
Within the course, you will:
fill out a bakery business plan, allowing you to build a business you love and that works for your lifestyle
get a ready-made, professional order form, to customize and use right away
solidify your plans for a business name and branding ideas, starting you off on the right foot towards lasting success
learn how to create a network to support your business and relieve stress
discover how you can create routines to keep you on track, making you more income over time
We will go over BLISS, my bakery start-up model, in detail:
1. Brainstorming (idea generation, creative planning and clearing your mind)
2. List Making (organizing your thoughts and narrowing down the best options)
3. Investigate (understanding your local community and it's needs, networking, industry positioning)
4. Structure (overview of the most important structural aspects of a well running bakery business)
5. Showing Up (consistency, reliability, professionalism, returning customers)
You will be provided with many examples and experiences from my 10 years of professional bakery experience and business owner experience.
You will be provided with a number of eye-opening printable resources to help you continue to refine and perfect your business plan and ideas.
Additionally, you will gain direct access to me over the platform, to help you work through the planning and structuring of your very own bakery business!
Your success is my success. With the right knowledge, support, and effort, you can create a business that will prosper!
Who this course is for:
- Hobby bakers who want to turn a baking passion into a profitable business.
- Current bakery business owners looking for less stress and focus in their business.
- Cake decorators, cookie decorators or cupcake decorators interested in making more money off their skill.
- Stay-at-home parents looking to make money baking from home.
- People looking for a side hussle.
My course content includes 2 main sections, which are related to my businesses:
1. Acrylic Painting
2. Bakery Business Education
Educational Background (2 Fine Art Degrees):
Bachelor of Fine Arts- Printmaking
Bachelor of Fine Arts- Ceramics
Art Honors Roll
partial minor in Anthropology
partial Masters of Arts Education
8+ years professional experience teaching art to students of all ages
Cake Design Background:
I have 16+ years professional bakery industry experience. I have been an assistant Cake Designer at 2 bakeries, and the Lead Cake Designer at 3 bakeries. I have been everything from a grocery store cake decorator, to the lead designer at a million dollar bakery, to owning my own bakery business.
I owned and operated my own Cottage Home Bakery for 5 years, until I retired to take care of my baby. I specialized in high-end cakes, cookies and cupcakes.
I now offer Bakery Business Consulting Services and teach cake design classes.
Along with my university painting courses, I also taught "paint and sip" style classes for 3+ years at a local shop.
I now currently own my own mobile painting class business, going on 5 years strong and teach locally on a weekly basis. I offer private and public classes and events, for everyone aged 1 to 100.
I am a mother, step-mother, military spouse, gardener, beekeeper, DIY crafter, animal lover and multiple small business owner.
Why am I an Instructor on Udemy?
I love to teach, as it brings me joy to see others succeed and learn new skills. I teach cake decorating and painting classes in person locally, but of course that reach only goes so far...
My husband's job moves us to a new location every few years, and I am always sad to see my students left behind with each move. Thus, I began teaching online!
Teaching online is very exciting for me, and an amazing way to create artistic and business connections with people all over the world.
I love being able to share my particularly laid back, inclusive and thorough teaching style that seems to work so well for many students.
My main goal on Udemy is to spread positivity and optimism. If you have the right attitude and a good teacher, you can do ANYTHING you keep working at. I'm here to support you along the way and share all my industry tips and tricks to help you :)