Fundraising From Scratch: A Complete Guide To Growing Income
What you'll learn
- Understanding the principles of fundraising: what works and what doesn't
- Knowledge of Lifetime Value and Return on Investment
- How to manage your Board, CEO, co-workers, staff and volunteers
- Understanding of the different methods of fundraising available
- Knowledge of how to maximise fundraising and crowdfunding from individuals and companies
- Tips and tricks to use in on-line fundraising, including Kickstarter and GoFundMe
- How to gather stories and convey them in a manner that motivates donors to give
- Knowledge of the practicalities of fundraising, including donation processing and database management
- How to manage your time
- Develop fundraising strategies, plot supporter journeys and be confident of what to do next
- You should be able to use a PC at a beginner level
- No specific knowledge of fundraising is necessary
Is your organization new to fundraising? Have you been relying on one source of income but would like to diversify? Are you a brand new fundraiser learning the ropes? Or are you experienced and simply want to broaden your skills and make sure you're not missing a trick? Want to boost the income of your non-profit, organization, charity, cause or crowdfunder?
This course is for you.
You'll learn step-by-step and systematically how to get your fundraising going and how to start growing your income. This course will teach you the principles of fundraising and everything you need to do to develop your fundraising strategy. This isn't about a document that will just sit on your shelf..this course is a practical guide and shares methods that you can put in to practice TODAY!
This course goes through all the different mediums of fundraising available to you, the methods and motivators, and breaks down what you need to know to make them work for you. We'll talk about cash collections, corporate fundraising, individual giving, donor care, Kickstarter and crowdfunding, grant applications, direct mail, e-mail, telephone fundraising, and much, much more.
Simon shares resources and guides to make your job easier, and brings years of experience and tried and tested methods to this course. He'll also talk about 'the first 100 days': what should your priorities be and how should you spend your valuable time.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to expand their fundraising
- Anyone who wants to begin fundraising and doesn't know where to start
- Existing fundraisers who want to broaden their skills and identify additional opportunities
- Any individual or oganization tasked with fundraising
Simon Scriver is a professional fundraising consultant, coach, trainer, Board Member and practitioner.
Simon received Fundraising Ireland's 'Small Budget, Big Impact' award in 2016, and has previously won Supplier of the Year, Eircom's Start-up Award and the Toastmasters UK & Ireland International Speech Contest. A board member of a small non-profit ‘Making Connections’, he also sits on the Advisory Panel of Rogare, the international fundraising think tank, and is a member of the Institute of Fundraising and the AFP.
Simon also offers consultancy to some of the biggest and smallest charities in Ireland and abroad. He offers advice and training to non-profits to make their fundraising more cost-effective, speaking regularly at international conferences. He holds a Diploma in Fundraising and a Certificate in Fundraising.