Start Working at Home - Routes to a Home Based Career
What you'll learn
- Understand the four basic routes to home working.
- Find out lots of ideas for starting a home based business.
- Consider the pros and cons of different types of home based work.
- Consider your options as a home based employee (remote worker/telecommuter)
- Check that working at home will really suit you.
- Assess your suitability for freelancing/self-employment.
- Identify the right route to home working for you.
- Map out your first steps to achieve a home based career.
- Just an interest in working from home! No prior knowledge or experience needed.
- Any computer or device to watch the videos - Windows or Mac.
- Access to a printer for the optional printouts and worksheets.
Want to start working at home but not sure what you could do?
A bit overwhelmed by the wide range of work at home ideas being thrown at you online?
Been dabbling in a few work at home options but finding it difficult to settle on one?
Not actually certain that working at home would suit you or fit in with your lifestyle?
Of the courses available about home working this one is different because:
- It focuses on you and what you want to do rather than some particular work at home plan.
- It comes in at the very first stage of the planning process.
- It uses a career planning approach (because it's written by a career counsellor).
- It does not assume you want to start a home based business, although that is one of the options I will look at.
Take this course and you'll see:
- the 4 essential routes you could take to working at home
- the vast range of work options there are down each route
- implications of the various routes - and which would suit you best
- the pros and cons of home working
- what effect working at home could have on you, and those you live with
- whether or not working at home is actually a good choice for you
By the end of the course you will feel clear about:
- whether or not home working is right for you
- which route to home working is best for you
- what steps you need to take next to start working at home
Who this course is for:
- You'd like to start working at home but you're not sure what work you could do or whether it would really suit you.
I've been working at home for over 20 years as a freelancer, remote employee and home-based business owner - and wouldn't have it any other way. I absolutely love working from home and have been totally unsurprised to see the massive rise in the number of people looking to work this way. Like any trainer I get great satisfaction out of passing on what I've learned and making a difference to other people.
My home based work has been as a training designer, career counselor, HR consultant, writer, and developer of a website for home workers.
I have a Psychology degree, as well as professional qualifications in HR and Training.
Home is in the UK, in the lovely city of Nottingham. I live with my partner, who's also home-based, and our teenage son, plus the household moggy.
Apart from work I love singing in our local community choir, trying to keep fit (bit of jogging, bit of cycling, bit of walking), travelling (usually wherever my partner's work takes us), and making stuff (with much more enthusiasm than skill).