Start modeling your first Chemical Process with Aspen HYSYS
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Model basic unit operations and very basic chemical processes
- Simulate basic unit operations in industrial processes
- Understand the concept of Flowsheet and Manipulate it
- Set up the required/basic inputs for a Simulation
- Choose a Fluid Package for Physical Properties Modeling
- Get reporting results
- Chemical Engineering Basics
- Elementary Principles of Plant Operation/Design (Recommended)
- Aspen HYSYS (Version 7 at least)
This is simple course on Plant Simulation via Aspen HYSYS will show you how to:
- Set a fluid package
- Manipulate a Flowsheet
- Add unit operations
- Input all the minimum required data.
This is helpful for students, teachers, engineers and researchers in the area of R&D and Plant Design/Operation.
The course is didactic, with the minimum theory required to work on the Simulation Case (hands-on-workshop)!
- Chemical Engineers
- Process Engineers
- Students related to engineering fields
- Teachers willing to learn more about process simulation
- Petrochemical Engineers
1.Introduction to Aspen HYSYS
2.Our Chemical Process!
3.Requirements for Simulation Setup (Property Environment)
5.Setting up the Simulation Environment, Streams and Unit Operation
6.Results and Analysis
Simulation help engineers to model processes faster, easier and without losing considerable amount of resources such as money and time.
It helps to cover different scenarios in order to optimise existing processes or to design new ones.
It helps process engineer to understand current operation conditions as well.
This will be our process! Please ensure to get to know it. The better you know your process (overall) the easier it becomes to simulate it.
Try to remember all unit operations, streams and important flow rates, given data and variables.
How to start a new simulation, new case, save case, templates and so on...
What is a flowsheet, and how to use it.
Why do we need a flowhseet?
The model palette and how to use it. Which unit operations are present.
How to set up the distillation column in 5 simple steps