Start Making Comics with Manga Studio 5 / Clip Studio Paint
- Manga Studio 5 or Clip Studio Paint software (they are more or less identical).
- A PC or Mac that can run the software.
- A drawing tablet or other device that will let you draw digitally (a mouse will work but is not recommended).
- A basic understanding of drawing is helpful, but not required.
If you want to make professional comics, then you want to work digitally. Manga Studio 5 / Clip Studio Paint is the cutting edge of comics software. Better for making comics than Photoshop and other art programs, it gives you infinite possibilities for telling your story. It has tons of tools designed just for comics, and it is the program of choice among professional comic artists.
Any type of story can be told with comics: Fantasy, superhero, mystery, science fiction, historical, western, nonfiction, romance, autobiographical, hard-boiled detective -- there is no limit to your imagination. New artists and storytelling techniques are being discovered every day. As the web becomes more visual, graphic storytelling is more important than ever. You can be part of this revolution.
Today there are more ways to release comics than ever before. You can work for a major publisher (like DC, Marvel, and Image), use a small press to print comics, put comics on a web page, release comics in digital formats like PDF and CBZ files, self-publish for Kindle, and much more. This course will give you tools to start doing all these things.
In over six hours of detailed lessons, I will give you a complete tour of Manga Studio 5 / Clip Studio Paint, show you how to set up your story, use every tool and effect, add colors and letters, and create an awesome product you can share with the world.
There's no reason to wait. You can start making comics TODAY. Sign up now to begin your career in comics.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to start making comics.
- Artists who want to start working digitally with Manga Studio 5 / Clip Studio Paint.
- Anyone interested in learning the essentials of digital coloring.
- Artists who want to make a PDF or CBZ file of their comic or art portfolio. This file can be used on an iPad, tablet, computer, phone, and elsewhere.
- Anyone who wants to start lettering digitally with fonts or hand-lettering.
- This course is NOT limited to "manga" artists - you can use ANY art style in the program!
Hi, I'm Adam ("Not the Mythbusters guy") Savage. I'm an author, artist, musician, and teacher. You can find my books on Amazon, iTunes, and Audible: Overcoming Writer's Block, Beyond Bitcoin, Tarot for Beginners, and The Bacteriologist at Play. I also regularly add videos to my YouTube channel (see my links). My background is in education and I have a B.A. in English. Keep your eyes peeled for more of my courses soon, and let me know if there are any topics you want me to teach! I also have a Patreon in the links if you wish to support me and keep my courses free.
"Be an opener of doors for such as come after thee." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson