Start Blogging: Your First WordPress Blog Setup Today
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 6 articles
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- By the end of this course you'll have fully funtional working WordPress blog today
- After taking this course you'll be an awesome blogger
- Own a blog website that you'll be proud of
- Read and Understand English
- Can Follow simple directions and complete tasks on your own
This course will take you step-by-step into setting up your first online WordPress blog. It's not hard to do when you have someone teaching you with step-by-step video instructions.
Who should take this course? Anyone who is looking to setup a blog the easiest and fastest way. People who are looking to start a blog for a company, business or personal use should take this course.
The course consists of:
- 28 Step-by-step lectures
- 25 Easy to follow tutorial video
You'll learn the basics like:
- How to get a domain and what it is
- How to get cheap hosting (including first month for 1 Cent!)
- How to create your 1st blog post
- How to make your site look awesome
- How to add tags and categories to organize your site
- How to use plugins/widgets and what they are
- Easily adding images to your sidebar and blog posts
- How to customize your header/logo (the easy way)
Plus some more advanced stuff like:
- Getting into a niche your love
- What are keywords and how to use them on your blog
- How to do advanced keyword research
- Creating blog posts that people will LOVE
- Getting indexed (found) in Google/Bing
You can take this course now and have your blog setup today. Simply watch the instructional videos and then complete each action while watching over my shoulder.
- Beginners who want to setup a beautiful blog
- People who want a website/blog without knowing any coding
- People who want to learn exactly what they need to know to create and run a blog
In this course I will show you how to have a great looking blog setup and fully functional by the time you are done going through the lectures.
Note: This lecture is OPTIONAL for those who want to do advanced research.
I always get the question "How can I speed up the keyword research process?" Well, over the last 3 years I have used a ton of tools. I have to be honest, what I am going to show you is the best one IMO. Watch the video and see how I am getting fast results, finding a niche I can dominate and finding every single aspect I need to know before jumping into a niche.
- Then grab your FREE Download of Market Samurai so you can follow along with me.
Once you use it I am sure you'll love it. It's currently my favorite tool on the market (and the one I use the most).
Market Samurai Video #1 on the left.
Market Samurai Video #2: Checking Out Your Competition - Is in the next lecture.
As with all tools using a keyword research tool is 100% optional. But, I really recommend at some point you invest in a tool like this. It saves me a ton of time and makes my life easier.
This lesson is simple. Now that you have a niche idea, a domain and hosting you can now install Wordpress.
The great news is installing WordPress is both free and easy. It's also easy to customize in seconds. I'll show you how to get a domain, get hosting, installed Wordpress, change the look of your blog in seconds and create your first blog post in less than 23 minutes.
You'll do the following in this video:
- Get a domain
- Get hosting
- Install Wordpress
- Add a theme (make your blog look unique)
- Coupon code at checkout: myownfirstblog
The demo blog is setup for simple demo purposes only.
After you get your Domain, Hosting and have Wordpress installed you can move on to the next lecture.
Categories allow you to classify segments of your blog. I.e. let's say you have a car blog; you might want to have different posts showing under different areas.
I.e. if you write a post about a Ford truck you'd want that post to appear in the Ford category and not in the Honda category.Think of this as a public filing cabinet.
The easiest way is to use a theme with a customizable header option.
If your theme does not have that there is more work to do. I suggest getting a theme that you like that has a customizable header to save yourself the hassle of digging into your hosting account.
Once your site is built and is getting traffic you'll want to be able to track your stats and visitors!
The way I suggest doing this is through a free online tool called Stat Counter.
Stat Counter will seamlessly work with your website.
You'll be able to track:
How many visitors you get per day, week, month.
What keywords people are coming to your website from.
Which search engines are the most helpful.
What URLs people are coming in from and more.
Go signup with Stat Counter Here.
In this lecture you'll learn how to get your website indexed with Google and how to setup a simple sitemap to notify the search engines of your content.
What is getting indexed?
Simple, it means that the particular search engine is aware of your website. Having the search engines aware that you exist is important.
Google accounts for over 60% of all online searches so it's critical that Google is aware that your blog exists.