Start a Freelancing Career or an Agency on Upwork in 2020
- 1 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will learn to Establish an Agency or work as a Freelancer on Upwork
- You will learn to create a meaningful profile on Upwork which grans client’s attention
- You will learn to find Jobs which are less competitive.=
- You will learn to identify serious clients from non-serious clients on Upwork
- You will learn to differentiate in between different jobs on Upwork
- You will learn the method to write attractive Proposals to get a better Client response than Competitors and succeed on Upwork
- Laptop/Desktop and Internet
I have been running a successful Agency on Upwork (earlier odesk) for more than 9 years. Our Agency has done close to 15,500 hours of work and has completed more than 500 projects on Upwork.
I have also mentored working professionals to start their freelancing journey on Upwork by teaching them a Method.
Upwork is usually associated with Freelancing. No doubt, it is one of the best platforms to find freelancing jobs but it is also a platform which is a lot more than just a platform for freelancers to help find suitable jobs/gigs.
Upwork is a platform which has helped freelancers turn into Entrepreneurs by growing their businesses using the platform to get more people to work under them as a Team.
Upwork has a place for everyone. From Freelancers looking for part time opportunities to entrepreneurs who want to run a complete agency.,
But they all need a process – a method to be successful on Upwork.
And that is the aim of this short and precise Course. I am going to teach you a “Method” which should help you turn into a successful freelancer on Upwork and start your entrepreneurial journey using Upwork as a platform.
The method which has helped me, my team and the freelancers I have mentored succeed on Upwork for years.
In the Course, I have shared all my learning of 9 years in a precise and to the point 1-hour (approx.) course where I take you through the method of creating a perfect profile, engaging proposal and finding the right jobs to bid on Upwork.
I have taken examples of my Web Development Agency and a Freelancer’s profile (content writer) to explain how their profiles are setup and how both work to grow their profile on Upwork.
The course ends with a short video called as “Tips” where you quickly learn simple tips to help avoid the mistakes others do on Upwork.
By the end of course, you should have mastered the skills to start your journey on Upwork.
Best of Luck!
- Anyone looking to start a freelancing journey – working from home and earn better than you earned in your last job.
- Anyone looking to Start A Full-Fledged Agency with multiple employees on Upwork. I teach you the difference in between working as a Freelancer and as an Agency.
- A Student who wants to have a parallel source of income to support your expense.
- A budding Entrepreneur who wants to start as a freelancer and then eventually start a full-fledged company. (note : I started as a freelancer and with good feedback I could grow my business and today I run a full fledged Agency on Upwork)
Hey! Welcome to the Course. In this first Video, I give you a brief About My Self (i am sure you will need that before you decide to buy the course) and I provide you with few USPs of the Course and Why this Course is different from existing Upwork Courses.
By now, you know "About the Instructor" and "Why should you take this Course". Time to understand the content of Course. In this Video, i have laid out the Curriculum of this short, precise and "to the point" Course.
A Profile is like your Resume on Upwork.com. Upwork has a lot of sections in profile such as Title, Description, Tags, Portfolio, etc. Each of the section has its own relevance. In this Video, I teach you the steps to setup a Perfect Profile on upwork by giving you live demonstration of two profiles (one of an agency in web development and the other of a freelancer in Content Writing domain).
In this Lecture, you will learn basics of working on Upwork which includes topics like the concept of Connects, Different Membership Structures in upwork and the difference in between them and % commissions upwork charges on each transaction.
By the end of lecture, you would have learned
- The "right membership for you".
- Relevance of connects in Upwork
- How much do you actually earn from Clients after deduction of Upwork %.
Upwork has hundred of Jobs posted under each category on daily basis. Unfortunately, you only have limited connects to apply on them (60/month : Freelancers and 80/month : Agencies). Considering the fact that 2 connects are required for each job you can only send a mx of 30 proposals as a freelancer and 40 as an agency in a month.
But there are 100+ jobs posted on daily basis. What should you do?
It;s not prudent to buy connects on regular basis as each additional connect costs 1 USD.
The Trick is to find the "Relevant" jobs to nid on. In this video, i have explained how you should filter jobs and find the ones matching your skill set.
By now, you know the basics of Upwork. You know how to set up a good profile and you know how to find the relevant jobs.
Time to learn "How to Create a relevant Proposal" which catches Client's attention.
In this section, i have explained the template you must follow while applying for jobs by giving live examples of different kind of jobs posted on Upwork.