How to Start a WordPress Blog/Website - Beginners Guide!
- No Prior Knowledge Required
- Any Computer, Any Browser - Just an internet connection
- As part of the course, you will need to get a domain and hosting for your blog to be online. This cost less than $7/month
In this course, you are going to learn how to start and setup your own professional blog using WordPress.
This is NOT a course which teaches you how to write a viral blog post or how to avoid writers block. However, if you have been inspired to start a blog and not sure how to build one that suits your style and needs this is PERFECT!
I'll be showing you how to do the following:
1) How to get your own domain name and hosting (special discount)
2) How to Install WordPress - Powers over 31% of the internet and used by top bloggers like Pat Flynn (Smartpassiveincome), Nomadic Matt and even Forbes, Katy Perry and Jay Z.
3) How to Install a Theme (Drag n Drop Builder) - Allowing you to create any sort of blog you like.
4) How to Add in Your Blog Posts (Images, Video and Links)
5) How to Display your Blog Posts anywhere
6) How to customize your sidebar
7) How to add an email opt-in to your blog
8) How to Add in Advertisements (Banners) anywhere - Generate ad revenue or affiliate income.
9) How to use Layouts to Speed up the Process of Building
10) How to Use Plugins that add extra Functionality to Blog (i.e. Instagram Feed or a Contact form)
11) How to Add an Shop to your Blog - Perfect for selling your own merchandise or eBooks for an extra revenue stream.
12) and More coming soon...
If you want to start a blog and not sure how, or you've installed WordPress and not sure what to do next this course will guide you through step by step how to set it up properly.
You don't need any coding knowledge, html or have any previous skills. No expensive software, everything you need I'll show you how to get for free or inexpensively.
Enrol TODAY, it's FREE!
Who this course is for:
- If you would like to start a blog - but don't know where to start
- If you are new to WordPress and want to learn how to use it properly
- If you have an existing WordPress Blog/Website and want to Upgrade to something more Flexible.
- If you want to just learn a new skill - Could be to provide web design services to clients
- 03:10Tour of Blog
I am Hogan Chua, 28, from Melbourne, Australia.
Basically, I teach individuals all over the world, how to make websites/blog/ecommerce stores without using code, html or any of that complicated stuff.
My courses are for everyday people who are not particularly looking to learn web design, code, html and css and to build a professional career out of it. (although many actually do because there are still alot of people who have money and are not the DIY type and want to delegate tasks to other people.)
These courses are more for those who want a blog, website and ecommerce shop up and running quickly, without having to hire anyone but also to have total control over the look, feel, edit whenever without complicated code.
I'm not going to saying that I'm a professional who has done this for over 10 years, cause that's not true. I've been doing this for about 2, almost 3 years. Still learning, still discovering new things and hopefully I can pass on these skills to you guys.
I first started because I was passionate about helping those like myself (wanted a website, didn't want to hire, nor had the money but wanted to control everything but without code). So I finally figured it out, with the help of Themify Drag n Drop WordPress Themes. I made my own website using the drag n drop system, absolutely loved it!
So I made a video on YouTube and that was highly successful, helping thousands probably 10's of thousands now. So here I am on Udemy, hopefully providing some more value with bonus content! (and the structure of courses, might really help you guys really understand and have fun with it.)
Let me know if you have any questions.