- No programming experience needed
- A computer with a text editor
Updated on 2016-May-13: please be noted that the 3D web API beta version has been upgraded to v.4.0
“The world we live is full of coordinates and I love it!" - Alfred Lam, the course instructor.
“The essence of creating a beautiful map is balance!" - Alfred Lam, the course instructor.
GIS stands for Geographic Information System. It is composed of hardware, software, people, environment, and data. Therefore, students with different backgrounds can learn and use GIS. The purpose of this course is to convey a concept to students that adding a 3D GIS map to web for your clients is not difficult. You can spend your minimum time to handle it.
After completing this course and the exercises, you will be able to:
- Create a 2D webMap;
- Generate a 3D webMap without coding;
- Build a web app loaded with 3D webMap;
- Build a 3D basemap web app;
- Select and switch basemaps;
- Zoom to a map point;
- Set a camera view position;
- Add a search widget to search a location;
- Add a basemap toggle widget to toggle a basemap;
- GIS users
- Anyone who are interested in creating 3D GIS maps
- Lecture 1: Course Introduction
- Lecture 2: SignUp ArcGIS Developers Account and Create a WebMap
- Lecture 3: Generate a 3D WebMap without Coding
- Lecture 5: Build a 3D Map with Selected Basemap
- Lecture 6: Zoom to a Map Point and Switch a Basemap
- Lecture 7: Set Camera View Position
- Lecture 8: Add a Search Widget
- Lecture 9: Add a Basemap Toggle Widget
“The world we live is full of coordinates and I love it!" - Alfred Lam
“The essence of creating a beautiful map is balance!" - Alfred Lam
I am going to dedicate some of my time to be a GIS instrcutor here and teaching is fun. It is also great to let many mobile and web developers to know and use ESRI technology which is so far the best and the most comprehensive GIS system. The part I am giving lectures is even only a very small fraction of the whole ArcGIS system.Please find all my courses and special offers at my profile website.
Coding is boundless. Like many other teachers, I’d like to share my knowledge and experiences here. As students are from all levels, I try not to make the code complicated. Maybe sometimes my pace is a bit slower, but I tried to make the code effective in a straightforward and simplest way. So that students can understand the mechanism of the code easily.