Standup Comedy, Humorous Public Speaking, & Becoming Funnier
What you'll learn
- Standup Comedy and Humorous Public Speaking
- Structure of jokes: Active joke writing so you can write jokes about anything
- Passive joke writing: how to write jokes without trying
- How to improve jokes to get bigger laughs
- How to write self depreciation jokes
- Comic tools of comedians
- How to develop character acts
- How to create your own comedy routine
- Bombing: what to do when your jokes don't work
- How to host a show and be a master of ceremony
- A desire to learn how to be funny and an interest in learning standup comedy from comedians.
- Ability to click the play button on videos.
- Desire for people to laugh at stuff you say. Kind of a wierd thing to want when you think about it...
Do you want to incorporate humor into your speeches so that your performance is entertaining, memorable, and influential? Why not learn from people whose job it is to give funny speeches? From comedians.
This course breaks down the tools and techniques used in standup comedy so that you too can be funny when giving speeches. By the end of this course, you’ll learn how you can create jokes, humorous public speaking tips, and how to build a comedy act from scratch.
This is a standup comedy theory course…how exactly does comedy and being funny work? But it’s a practical course because everything I teach you I use in my own standup comedy act myself, and you can use these tools right away in your own performances.
This course is different from other courses on public speaking because its focused-on performing comedic material, and the information is broken down into the absolute bare bone essentials. Everything here is practical and to the point.
Learning how to do standup comedy will teach you how to come up with jokes that make people laugh onstage, make you an entertaining humorous public speaker, and give you a sense of confidence.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for people who want to learn standup comedy, joke writing and performing, and humorous public speaking. Other species are welcome too...
After you've taken my course, if there are additional topics that you would like me to cover that I have not included, feel free to send me message and I will try to include a lecture on the topic in the future. If you would like to collaborate on a project, visit my website.