Escalate Scala Training - Setup Instructions
- No knowledge of Scala is required, but familiarity with programming in another computer language is assumed.
This course will provide you with instructions to be ready to follow the Scala Applied and Advanced courses from Escalate Software, in particular being able to run activator, Scala and a suitable Scala IDE such as IntelliJ IDEA.
The course includes reference slides and an example exercise project to test that your environment is working.
The course will take less than an hour to complete.
If you are interested in getting a working Scala development environment, or are taking the Scala Applied or Advanced courses, this setup course is for you.
- Beginners to the Scala Language
- Anyone interested in taking the Stairway to Scala training
- Setting up the Java JDK01:26
- Setting Up Scala01:22
- Setting Up SBT01:31
- Setting Up IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition01:20
- Checking the IntelliJ JDK Settings01:58
- Download the Trial Project00:10
- Unpack and Build the Trial Project04:51
Dick is a Scala Developer with over 12 years of Scala development experience, and over 10 years of Scala training experience. As well as consulting in Scala, Dick contributes to a number of open source Scala projects, libraries and tools, and is very active in the Scala developer community. He is also one of the Scalawags, a video podcast about the Scala language. He runs Escalate Software which provides Scala training services. Dick also won the inaugural Phil Bagwell Award for Service to the Scala Community, and managed the Scala Community Process in 2015 through 2016