Escalate Scala Training - Setup Instructions
- No knowledge of Scala is required, but familiarity with programming in another computer language is assumed.
This course will provide you with instructions to be ready to follow the Scala Applied and Advanced courses from Escalate Software, in particular being able to run activator, Scala and a suitable Scala IDE such as IntelliJ IDEA.
The course includes reference slides and an example exercise project to test that your environment is working.
The course will take less than an hour to complete.
If you are interested in getting a working Scala development environment, or are taking the Scala Applied or Advanced courses, this setup course is for you.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners to the Scala Language
- Anyone interested in taking the Stairway to Scala training
- 01:26Setting up the Java JDK
- 01:22Setting Up Scala
- 01:31Setting Up SBT
- 01:20Setting Up IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition
- 01:58Checking the IntelliJ JDK Settings
- 00:10Download the Trial Project
- 04:51Unpack and Build the Trial Project
Dick is a Scala Developer with over 12 years of Scala development experience, and over 10 years of Scala training experience. As well as consulting in Scala, Dick contributes to a number of open source Scala projects, libraries and tools, and is very active in the Scala developer community. He is also one of the Scalawags, a video podcast about the Scala language. He runs Escalate Software which provides Scala training services. Dick also won the inaugural Phil Bagwell Award for Service to the Scala Community, and managed the Scala Community Process in 2015 through 2016