SSRS in Real World
What you'll learn
- Install and configure Modern tools like SQL Server Express 2017, SSMS, SSRS 2017, VisualStudio 2019 to start Reporting from scratch
- Create and customize Charts, use Parameters, Variables, Pagination, Sorting, Sub-Report and so on
- Design Professional Reports with Real World techniques
- Use SSRS in a Real Business Context, transforming a customer's request into a clean report delivery in 7 phases
- Ensure Report Quality by an accurate and automated Testing Phase
- A minimal base of SQL language could help, but is optional
- A minimal base of SQL Server could help, but is optional
Welcome to SSRS in Real World!
As You can imagine, teaching SSRS Reporting in 2021 cannot be a flat enumeration of functionalities, Real World is different.
In a Company, You often start from a quick specification e-mail written by your customer, where 40% of requirements is missing and you have to fight to define them properly. Moreover, you have to think to non-functional requirements, like Performance and Usability. Customer never asks for them, but always needs them...
SSRS in Real World covers both technical functionalities and their practical application, leveraging on transversal best practices and approaches, covering the entire life-cycle of a Report.
In this intensive course I'm not going to cover any functionality of SSRS. I will focus on a specific list of most used functionalities, step by step, enabling you to build the 80% of Reports You will be asked for.
At the beginning, You will learn how to create your first "Hello World" Report from scratch. After, You will enhance it with several additional features.
Then, I will introduce you to "Real World" aspects, like Report Requirements Analysis, Effort Estimation, Mockup Definition, Team Interactions, Practical Implementation Strategies, Quality Control and Performance Checking.
After this course, You will be able to transform any Report request in a Successful Delivery!
Are you ready?
Who this course is for:
- Developers interested in learning how to Reporting with SSRS at work
Hi! I'm Andrea. I'm currently employed as a Solution Architect and Software Engineer in an Italian company operating in Industry 4.0. I made internal training course for my colleagues, and I follow external ones related to my activities. I love teach and learn, so I'm here!
What I did as a Solution Architect:
Business requirements analyst for smart manufacturing. Design of tailored and integrated software solutions. Support to pre-sales activites, by solution quotation, presentation and demo. Collaboration with technological partners.
What I did as a Software Engineer:
SSRS Sr. designer & developer for production data reporting purpose. Web app developer based on technologies such as HTML5, Angular.js, Node.js and SQL Server for support and traceability of manufacturing environments. Analyst and backend developer in IIOT and Digitalization projects, with agile-scrum metodology and jr resources coordination. TrakSYS Courses (TrakSYS X Comprehensive Training Courses 2017, Madrid).