SSAS Tabular Model with Power BI - A comprehensive training
What you'll learn
- Step by step learning SSAS Tabular modeling
- How to deploy SSAS Tabular database
- How to connect Power BI with Tabular model
- Star schema vs Snowflake schema
- Role playing dimensions
- Tabular model deployment
- How to create hierarchy in SSAS Tabular Model
- Perspectives in Tabular model
- DAX & Calculated columns in Tabular model
- KPIs & Partitions in SSAS Tabular
- Role level security
- Processing options in SSAS Tabular model
- Automated deployment
- Basic understanding about databases & Power BI would be helpful
Microsoft Analysis Services abbreviated as SSAS consist of two modes.
1- SSAS Tabular Mode
2- SSAS Multidimensional mode
This course is purely based on SSAS Tabular model. Tabular model in analysis services runs in memory or in the direct query mode. There are different data sources available that can be used to feed data to a tabular model.
When we use the direct query in the Power BI desktop, all the time we fight with the performance issue. Power BI desktop fires SQL queries during refreshing dashboards or doing some interactions. SQL Server needs to run these queries and send the result back to the Power BI which causes performance issue. But with the help SSAS Tabular model, we can design and develop the data model according to the business process requirement, add KPIs, DAX measures, calculated columns, and finally, this model is deployed on the SSAS analysis server.
We can connect the Power BI desktop or SSRS to the SSAS tabular model and fetch the data to show on reports & dashboards. SSAS tabular model provides great flexibility in terms of performance and security.
In this course, you will learn the following topics
- How to install SSAS Tabular instance
- How to import AdventureWorks database
- Start schema vs snowflake schema
- Different features in SSAS Tabular models
- Role-playing dimensions
- How to deploy SSAS Tabular model
- How to create hierarchies
- Perspectives in SSAS tabular model
- DAX and calculated columns in SSAS tabular model
- How to create KPIs
- Partitions in SSAS tabular model
- Tabular model processing options
- Row-level security in SSAS tabular model
- Tabular model deployment via script
Whenever new features in the Tabular model will come, I will keep this course up to date.
I wish you all the best to learn how to create and deploy SSAS tabular models.
Who this course is for:
- Data Analysts
- Data Scientists
- Data Managers
- Power users
- Business Analyst
I am Muhammad Asif Microsoft® Certified Solutions Expert- Data management and analytics with more than 10 years of experience in the field of business intelligence & Data analytics.
My expertise lies in assessing complex business requirements, compiling market and trend data, designing and testing software to accelerate efficiency and revenue growth. I have expertise in Microsoft Business Intelligence stack, visualization & analytical tools like SSRS and Power BI to analyse massive dataset. Analyses datasets with the help of python and DAX programming to extract actionable insights that will help drive business decisions.
I have completed a Master degree in Computer Science from Linköping University, Sweden in order to augment my qualifications. With a proven track record of successfully aggregating business data and developing solutions to improve business processes, I am confident to teach my students and can deliver ground level industry knowledge & expertise.