How to Design Websites on Squarespace 7 - No Coding Required
What you'll learn
- Understand how to set up beautiful-looking pages.
- Start an online eCommerce store to sell products with.
- Set up a website to display your portfolio (Photography, web design, etc.)
- Start a blog to attract an audience to your website.
- Customize the website completely to your needs.
- Use the ideal template for their traffic goals.
- There's no cost for a trial Squarespace account. (14 day trial but you can request more time from customer support)
- I would suggest using Google Chrome so that you'll see the same things I will be showing on the screen.
- A voracious appetite for knowledge and doing things right (by doing it yourself)!
- A tiny dash of humor/crazy - Life is too short to take it seriously :)
Many of us reach out to developers when we need websites done and invest between a few hundred, to a few thousand dollars trying to get our vision down perfect. Who better to create that vision than the person who has it, YOU. In this course, I will teach you the fundamentals of web design using Squarespace as your platform. Squarespace includes both a domain name AND hosting so everything is in one place and you don't have to worry about any of the complicated things on the backend. You can do an entire website without any coding but at the end of the course I will teach you little bits of CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) coding in order to help you add the final touches to your website.
I've been an avid member of the Squarespace community for many years now. I've been providing help via YouTube, Reddit, Facebook groups, and my own blog. As an Authorized Squarespace Trainer, not only do I think I know my stuff, but Squarespace thinks I know my stuff too! This course is to bridge the gap between my teaching, and students who can't attend my live workshops because of distance or cost!
This course is NOT for Squarespace 7.1. Squarespace 7.1 has an entirely different structure than what you'll see in this course.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for beginners who are looking to start out on Squarespace.
- This course is ALSO for people who have a Squarespace website already but want to make changes.
- This course is for businesses who need a website but don't want to spend thousands of dollars.
- This course is NOT for Squarespace experts who know everything about it already.
- This course is NOT for Squarespace 7.1. Squarespace 7.1 has an entirely different structure than what you'll see in this course.
- This course is NOT based on the new Squarespace Fluid Engine. That's still in beta so it'll have a lot of changes, my upcoming course will be based on Squarespace 7.1 and Fluid Engine.
Hey, I'm Vigasan and I love the Internet!. I've been creating websites and working with social media for the last 3+ years and have created over 100 Squarespace and WordPress websites so far. I appreciate the simplicity of certain CMS systems so I try to provide that same simplicity to clients. Hopefully, through Udemy, I can teach more people about web design and how to build websites for personal use or as a service they can profit off of.