How To Free Hand Draw with Square Drawing Grids
- Square Drawing Grids (either ours or your own transparent grids)
- 2B or B Pencil for drawing (erasers better)
- Backing Board (optional - for taping your reference photo to)
- HB Pencil (better transferring the drawing using a carbon)
- Optional: Coloured Pen for drawing extra lines across the grids
Hi my name is Colin Bradley,
I believe that everyone would like to draw. Not just draw but draw accurately, they’d love to copy their own photographs and create beautiful pieces of art.
In the Victorian times, artist’s gridded out their drawings to ensure they had correct proportions and perspectives. A number of years ago I needed to do the same and created my own product - the square drawing grids.
These have helped me time again to create accurate outline drawings that I use with Pastel Pencils and other mediums. I began selling these grids 20 years ago and since then thousands of students all over the world have found success.
In this course I will show you how to use our grids or any other gridded system to create precise and accurate outline drawings from your own photos.
I will show you 3 examples, a portrait, an animal and a landscape. I will also show you how you can use the grids to scale up your pictures, especially useful if you are working from a smaller photo.
When using the grids, you will not only understand perspective and proportioning out, but you will improve your free hand ability.
This course is free and we encourage you to give this method of drawing a go.
In this course you will learn how to use the Square Drawing Grids to copy you own pictures accurately.
You will learn how to overlay smaller grids to replicate fine detail in eyes and buildings.
Using the Square Drawing System teaches you about perspective, proportions and creates the muscle memory for drawing free-hand.
In this course Colin shows you how to use the Square Drawing System for:
- Drawing Portraits
- Drawing Animals
- Drawing Landscapes
- Scaling up your drawings
- Transferring your drawings using a graphite carbon
Who this course is for:
- Anyone that enjoys drawing
- Anyone who wants to learn how to draw free hand
- Anyone who wants to draw their own pictures
- Anyone who wants to learn proportions and perspective
Colin Bradley became a professional artist in 1982 and opened his gallery in Broadstairs the same year. With 35+ years experience, 30,000 subscribers on YouTube and over 3 million views, his teaching has inspired people all around the world. Over the years, Colin has developed a range of unique techniques which you won’t find anywhere else.