SQL : The Hitch Hikers Guide To Writing SQL Queries
- No prior knowledge required
- A Windows PC or (virtual box running Windows e.g. on a Mac) as you will want to code/modify the sample queries
- This course is taught using SQLServer 2014 Express which is free from Microsoft (and later versions e.g 2016 Express can be used)
- Only have a Mac ? You can use Virtual Box, Windows Server Trial edition and SQL 2014 express or later.
G'Day from Australia,
Welcome, this is a SQL course that I am sure you will complete and benefit substantially from.
The course is aimed at Beginners to Intermediate levels.
It covers all the bases for you to get up to speed with writing SQL before you progress on to more advanced SQL for
transforming and analysing data.
I will explain everything step by step and in detail so you get to know SQL very well.
The course uses SQLServer 2014 express (Later versions are compatible) , and we all know the popularity of SQL Server and the thousands of enterprises that use it.
All data are included (for download) in the course so that you can practice what I teach and more.
Data Analyst and SQL Developer
- Anyone looking to start using SQL queries in their day to day work
- Newbies to SQL and relational database technology
- Graduates and interns
- Technical users connecting to database back ends from Excel etc
- Looking to start with foundation skills before getting into advanced SQL
- What is this FREE course about ? it's about SQL !02:39
- Download and install SQL 2014 Express10:40
- Introduction to the SQL Server management studio10:31
- What is a relational database ?09:41
- Pop quiz5 questions
- Anatomy of a query05:40
- Where are the sample database and script files ?07:33
- The SELECT statement10:20
- Practice session with SELECT2 questions
- The SELECT statement with a WHERE predicate12:13
- Practice session with SELECT with a WHERE predicate2 questions
- The Group By clause12:16
- Practice session with Group By2 questions
- A few tips about data types09:59
- Pop Quiz - Data types2 questions
- Where are the sample database and script files ?04:06
- Review the Chapter 3 database and model (PK/FK)11:42
- Brain Teaser5 questions
- How to do an Inner Join11:11
- Prac time1 question
- How to do a Left Outer Join08:25
- How to do a Right Outer Join06:00
- How to do a Full Outer Join06:38
- Prac time1 question
- How to do a Cross Join06:54
- Where are the sample database and script files ?03:58
- Counting stuff using the Count() function11:17
- Prac Count()1 question
- Adding up using the Sum() function10:15
- Calculate the mean using the Avg() function08:18
- What the heck is a UNION ?06:25
- How to insert data to a table09:20
- Importing raw data from non database files05:07
- Backup your database(s)05:34
- How to use the Case statement08:07
- Award based Course Certificates00:03
Hello and Welcome,
My name is Paul Scotchford and I am thrilled that you are reading this.
When I get reviews like this one "oh my goodness. I cracked an Interview using this course" then I know the course material is hitting the spot ...
News: Just released - SQLServer 2019 Data Analytics & Tableau Data Visualisation , this is a deep dive for beginner Data Analysts looking to become highly proficient in SQL and data visualisation, in this course you cover everything and the display results in Tableau.
As well as my normal consulting work in business and government I teach here on Udemy, there are 3 very distinct technology specialisations I work within and these are QlikView, QlikSense and SQL Server for delivering Data Analytics and Visualisations and in my downtime I go out and fly as a private pilot (that's my passion too) .
I have also been flagged as a Top-responding instructor which means that your Q&A will typically be answered within 24 Hours. In addition my Qlik courses are now offered on Udemy For Business (UFB) .
QlikView and QlikSense
Professionally I have been delivering QlikView solutions to business and government users for the past 8 years and QlikSense since it first released in 2014. Qlik delivers these products to the market and is an industry leader in the BI and Analytics world.
I have been delivering data analytics with the SQL Server (Tech Stack) for more than 17 years as this technology (in my humble opinion) is the best Relational Database and Data Warehouse (Mart) product on the market and will continue to be well into the future.
Because of my passion and experience working with these technologies in the real-world you can be assured that you will be getting first class training from my courses here on Udemy.
I am super stoked and looking forward to sharing my ongoing experience and passion for data analytics with you.
Looking forward to seeing you in one of my courses soon.
News: Coming in 2020 a highly detailed QlikSense course , stay tuned!
Stay safe and well , looking forward to you joining in the courses.