SQL Server Master Series - Beginner Course
What you'll learn
- SQL syntax - specifically Microsoft's dialect - but this course can be the basis for all SQL dialects.
- How to download and install SQL Server on your computer
- How to use and install SQL Server Management Studio as an interface to your SQL Server installation.
- Learn to write queries to retrieve data from one or more tables or views
- No prior knowledge of SQL is necessary
- Have a Windows computer available to follow along
This course is for you if you are want lecture style, and hands-on experience with SQL. We start off every section with a presentation, and then we let the student go hands-on, where they follow us in the tool used to create queries and retrieve and view the returned data from the database. Each section also as tasks that the student will have to solve to reinforce the knowledge.
You will learn to fetch data from a single table, or even combine data from two or more tables to retrieve exactly what you need.
If you want to spice up your CV, adding database and SQL skills will most likely add value to your CV. Most office jobs requires access to data, and being able to fetch your own will only be seen as a positive factor for your future or current employer.
SQL Server is the technology and SQL dialect used, and there will be tiny variations between different database packages and their variations of the SQL language. No course teaches them all, and SQL Server is a good starting point. It is an enterprise grade database solution that is used by many of the major companies around the world. In other words a good choice to start off with.
Let us be your partner in your database journey, and get started today.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner SQL Server learners
- Beginners of the SQL language in general - no dialect is the same, but SQL Server is a good starting point
- Anybody who at some point will come in contact with databases at their workplace
- Those who want to retrieve their own data from databases, and not rely on others to help them out every single time
I've been in the CRM and marketing automation industry since 2011. From designing e-mails, analysing customer behaviour, working with databases and designing customer journeys. Having to be both a marketer and having extensive technical knowledge gives an in-depth knowledge and and 360 degree view within the customer relationship area. I'm still working full time with SQL and marketing today.
Have been working within database and business development for over 10 years. Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, SAS and Power BI. I also have several years of experience developing Java projects. Within SQL I have experience with database administration as well as writing advanced queries. In my current job i'm designing database systems.