SQL Server Fundamentals (SQL Database for Beginners)
- 4 hours on-demand video
- 8 articles
- 12 downloadable resources
- 1 Practice Test
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- What is SQL Server and what you can do with it.
- How to download, install and get started with SQL Server on both Windows and Linux.
- How to create databases, tables, views, functions, stored procedures and run queries.
- Basic database principles of RDBMSs.
- Available editions of SQL Server. What is free and what is not.
- Basic SQL Server security concepts such as: logins, database users, surface area configuration and more.
- How to use SQL Server Management Studio for connecting to SQL Server and working with it.
- How to run basic data import/export operations in SQL Server.
- How to use Azure Data Studio on both Windows and Linux.
In this lecture, we will talk about what Relational Management Systems are (RDBMSs).
In this lecture, we will talk about SQL and T-SQL, and see script examples using these two languages.
In this lecture, we will talk about what you can achieve by using SQL Server.
In this lecture, we will talk about SQL Server Surface Area, and how you can check which features are enabled by default.
In this lecture, we will talk about Azure Data Studio, which is Microsoft's cross-platform tool, for working with SQL Server on premises and on cloud.
- No prior knowledge of SQL Server is required.
- It would be helpful to know some basic database-related concepts (i.e. what is a database, a table, etc.) but is not a prerequisite, since we will talk about it as well.
In this beginner-level course which has been updated for 2020, you will learn how to install SQL Server Database on both Windows and Linux, and how you can start doing basic tasks in SQL Server, using its free client tools SQL Server Management Studio, and Azure Data Studio.
WHAT OTHER STUDENTS SAY ABOUT THE COURSE:
"Highly interesting topic. The updated version of the course is highly informative and comprehensive."
"I actually find the updated version of this course to be more interesting!!"
"I have enjoyed the updated version of the course. It now contains more elaborate information and new live demonstrations."
"A useful course for beginners."
MORE ABOUT THE COURSE:
SQL Server is one of the world's leading Data Platforms. By learning SQL Server, you get a competitive advantage when applying for different technical job positions, since knowing how to use an enterprise DBMS is a major plus.
With many live demonstrations and step by step guides, via this course, you will easily understand the main concepts in SQL Server and be able to install, configure and start using it.
AFTER THE COURSE:
You will know the basic database principles.
You will know how to download and perform a basic installation of SQL Server on Windows and Linux.
You will know the basic SQL Server security concepts such as surface area configuration, logins and authentication modes.
You will be able to connect and work with SQL Server using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and Azure Data Studio.
You will be able to import and export data in SQL Server.
You will get a free checklist with the top 10 Tasks a SQL Server DBA must perform every day in order to maintain a healthy SQL Server instance.
No prior knowledge of SQL Server is required.
It would be helpful to know some basic database-related concepts (i.e. what is a database, a table, etc.) but is not a prerequisite, since we will talk about it as well.
Willingness and excitement to learn!
THIS COURSE CONTAINS/OFFERS:
4 hours of high-quality video
May downloadable resources
Live demonstrations and guides that illustrate the basic concepts and functions and how to perform different tasks in SQL Server
Useful quizzes for testing your knowledge on each section
A practice test in the end of the course
Ability to ask the instructor questions via the Q&A section
Certificate on course completion
Also: This course is being updated with new material on a regular basis.
- IT Professionals that just started using SQL Server, either for development or administration.
- IT Professionals that want to enhance their technical skills and knowledge and enrich their resume.
- People that want to start using SQL Server and need guidance to learn the basics.
- Technology enthusiasts that want to explore new technology topics!