SQL Server Baby Step: Installation and Configuration
- NO PRIOR DATABASE OR SQL experience is required.
- You need High speed Internet connection with a PC.
Scope of this course is confined to the following learning objectives ONLY:
- Start from scratch by installing Microsoft SQL Server Express edition
- Requirements for installing Microsoft SQL Server
- Discussion around some of the basic configuration option, including "sa" login
- Making use of Adventure Works sample database
- More in depth coverage of relational database in general, and Microsoft SQL Server in particular, in my another course
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is just starting out on their database career.
- Information workers who work with database.
- Healthcare professionals who need to understand the working of database in order to make sure that their PHI data remains HIPAA compliant.
- Finance professionals who need to understand how their data is stored in database and as to how SQL Server provides a better data storing mechanism in strict regulatory environments, such as Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Dodd-Frank, Basel II etc.
- Anyone looking for their first stepping stone to start working on their Microsoft Certification 70-461
- Quality Analyst people who need to understand the workings of a database while they do their software testing.
- Managers who need to understand as to how their data is handled by the database while they try to adopt agile development methodology.
- Business Professional
- Software Developers
- Programming Students
- Financial Analysts
Rashid Khan has a degree in Computer Science from New Jersey Institute of Technology, New Jersey, USA ( Magna Cum Laude ).
He has extensive professional experience with different technologies, including but not limited to, Microsoft stack of technology that includes SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS , ASP.NET and .NET development.
He has worked with different types of companies belonging to different verticals that include finance, manufacturing, consulting and most recently in delivering a cutting edge healthcare analytics solution for a Fortune 500 Healthcare organization utilizing HL7, MS SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS and ASP.NET.
He also has a passion for teaching, and is currently teaching various important technology courses that have thousands of students, coming from over 151 countries all across the world.