SQL Server 2019: What’s New (New and Enhanced Features)
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 5 downloadable resources
- 1 Practice Test
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- What are the major new enhancements and features in SQL Server 2019 and SSMS 18.0.
- How to use many of the new features and enhancements in SQL Server 2019 via live demos and guides
- What are the new Performance enhancements
- What are the new Security and Compliance enhancements
- What are the new High Availability enhancements
- What are the new Development-related enhancements
- How to download and install SQL Server 2019
- How to download and install SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) v18.0
In this lecture, we will discuss about how SQL Server has been evolved over the years, and what major features have been added in the last versions.
In this lecture, we will talk about the system requirements for SQL Server 2019 and see in action how we can download it and install it (note that in the demo, we use a CTP release of SQL Server 2019 since RTM was not yet released, but the process is almost identical - the lectures will be updated very soon).
This lecture, introduces the new section in this course, titled “Special Topics”.
In this special topic, we will talk about Stretch Database in SQL Server 2019 and via a comprehensive live demonstration, we will see how it is possible via the Stretch Database technology, to store a database table on Azure SQL Database, while being able to access it from your on-premises SQL Server 2019 database.
SQL Server provides many data protection features, as well as security and compliance features. Dynamic Data Masking is available since SQL Server 2016, but I considered it useful, to dedicate a special topic to this great feature and see a live demonstration in SQL Server 2019.
- Basic SQL Server knowledge in prior versions of SQL Server
- Basic database principles
In this course, you will learn all about the new major features and enhancements in SQL Server 2019, in an understandable and interactive way, via a rich set of video lectures and step-by-step live guides and demonstrations. Moreover, besides SQL Server 2019 on Windows, we are going to install and use SQL Server 2019 on Linux.
WHAT IS THIS COURSE ALL ABOUT?
SQL Server 2019, is the latest release of the powerful SQL Server. This is an exciting new version of the SQL Server Data Platform, with a plethora of new features, as well as with enhancements to existing features. In this course, we will go through all the new features and enhancements in SQL Server 2019, talk about it, as well as see many live demonstrations and guides that will help get hands on knowledge on how you can use these features. Moreover, we are will work with SQL Server 2019 on Linux.
AFTER THE COURSE:
You will know the below:
How SQL Server evolved over the years and the different main features shipped with each version
What are the new Performance enhancements in SQL Server 2019
What are the new Security and Compliance enhancements in SQL Server 2019
What are the new High Availability enhancements in SQL Server 2019
What are the new Development-related enhancements in SQL Server 2019
What are the new and enhanced built-in tools in SQL Server Management Studio 18.0 and how to use them such as:
Vulnerability Assessment Tool
Data Classification Tool
Other significant enhancements in this new release of SQL Server
How you can use many of these new features and enhancements
How to install and use SQL Server 2019 on Linux
Basic SQL Server knowledge in prior versions of SQL Server
Basic database principles
THIS COURSE OFFERS:
2.5 hours of high-quality video lectures with live demonstrations and guides
6 useful quizzes for testing your knowledge on each section
Useful downloadable resources
A practice test in the end of the course
Ability to ask the instructor questions related to the course via the Q&A section
Certificate on course completion
WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING ABOUT THE COURSE:
"This course greatly helped me to understand the new features of SQL Server 2019. Very detailed and well presented course !!", Andreas Josephides
"Great course, very understandable, very well constructed!! Worth my time absolutely!", Doros Demetriou
"The instructor makes it really easy to understand the new features in SQL Server 2019.", Rena Leandrou
- People that work with previous versions of SQL Server and want to know what is new in SQL Server 2019.
- People that have basic SQL Server knowledge and want to learn more about the latest version of SQL Server.
- Technology enthusiasts that explore new technologies and want to learn what’s new in this latest version of SQL Server.