In this course you will learn:
· Start from scratch by installing Microsoft SQL Server Express edition
· Requirements for installing Microsoft SQL Server
· Core concepts of RDBMS
· Comparison of MS SQL Server with Oracle, IBM etc.
· Getting around SQL Server Management Studio
· Details of System databases
· Constructing SELECT statement starting with literals
· Using FROM clause
· Working with columns specified in the SELECT LIST
· Using WHERE clause
· Using ORDER BY clause
· Using BETWEEN / NOT BETWEEN operator
· Using IN / NOT IN operator
· Pattern matching using LIKE operator and wild card characters
· Working with NULL
· Using string functions including concatenation
· Using Date functions
· SQL Server System functions
· Working with JOINS – INNER / LEFT OUTER / RIGHT OUTER / FULL OUTER / CROSS JOIN
· Working with UNION / UNION ALL
· A look at sub queries
· Duplicate rows – DISTINCT / ALL predicates
· Aggregate functions
· Using GROUP BY clause
· Using HAVING clause
What you'll learn
· At the completion of the course, you will know how to install SQL Server and create a practice environment for yourself.
· You will be familiarized with some of the core concepts of RDBMS / SQL Server.
· You will learn the ins and outs of SQL Server Management studio.
· You will start constructing your SELECT statement to retrieve data from SQL Server.
· You will know how to filter out unwanted data by using WHERE clause as well as, you would know how to order your result set by using ORDER BY clause.
· You will also know about some of the string functions, date functions, and system functions.
· You will see how to get data out of multiple tables using JOIN ( INNER / LEFT OUTER / RIGHT OUTER / FULL OUTER / CROSS JOINS).
· You will also see how to use UNION / UNION ALL operators and as to how they differ from JOINS.
· You will see how to group and summarize your data by using , GROUP BY clause, HAVING clause and Aggregate functions.