SQL Queries crash course in 90 minutes
What you'll learn
- How to create local & global temp tables
- How to use different SQL functions
- Student will learn queries that are frequently used in the industry
- How to write high performance sub queries
- After completing this course students can write SQL queries to fetch data for developing SSRS reports, Power BI direct query mode dashboards and lot more.
- Students should know about the basic understanding of database because this course is purely based on how write different SQL queries.
SQL queries are the backbone of any data analytics project. SQL queries are used to fetch data from Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, which stands for Structured Query Language.
There are 4 modes of SQL Queries
1- DDL - It is Data Definition Language and is used to define the structures like schema, database, tables, constraints etc. Examples of DDL are create and alter statements.
2- DML - It is Data Manipulation Language used to manipulate data. Examples of DML are insert, update and delete statements.
3- DCL - It is Data Control Language that is used to grant or revoke permissions.
4- DQL - It is Data Query Language that is used to fetch the data from database using Select statement.
The ultimate focus of this course is to learn DQL - Data Query Language. You will learn the following topics.
- SQL Installation and Attaching adventureworks database
- SQL Select statement
- Selected columns in sql
- Where clause in SQL
- IN operator in SQL
- NULL and Not NULL in SQL
- Order by in SQL
- TOP in SQL
- SQL Distinct function
- Rename columns in SQL
- Lower, Upper, Trim, LTRIM, RTRIM function in SQL
- Substring function in SQL
- Replace function in SQL
- SQL Charindex
- SQL ISNULL
- Coalesce in SQL
- Group functions (sum, min, max, count, avg) & Group by in SQL
- Having clause in SQL
- Subqueries in SQL
- Subqueries using IN operator
- Another variation of SQL Subquery
- Case statement and pivoting in SQL
- Joins in SQL
- Temp tables in SQL Server with non clustered index
- How to create global temp table in SQL
Who this course is for:
- Any one who is new to writing SQL queries or any one who want to refresh his/her knowledge about writing SQL Queries.
I am Muhammad Asif Microsoft® Certified Solutions Expert- Data management and analytics with more than 10 years of experience in the field of business intelligence & Data analytics.
My expertise lies in assessing complex business requirements, compiling market and trend data, designing and testing software to accelerate efficiency and revenue growth. I have expertise in Microsoft Business Intelligence stack, visualization & analytical tools like SSRS and Power BI to analyse massive dataset. Analyses datasets with the help of python and DAX programming to extract actionable insights that will help drive business decisions.
I have completed a Master degree in Computer Science from Linköping University, Sweden in order to augment my qualifications. With a proven track record of successfully aggregating business data and developing solutions to improve business processes, I am confident to teach my students and can deliver ground level industry knowledge & expertise.