SQL Fundamentals for beginners
What you'll learn
- Installing PostgreSQL relational database management system
- Connecting to a database
- Loading a sample database
- Creating database and table
- Using constraints to ensure data intergrity
- Using SQL SELECT Statement to retrieve data
- Using SQL CREATE Statement to create a table
- Using SQL UPDATE Statement to modify data
- Using SQL DELETE to remove data
- Using SQL DISTINCT to filter duplicate data
- Filter data using SQL WHERE Clause
- Sort data using SQL ORDER BY
- Manipulating data with various operators
- Retrieve and combine data from multiple tables
- Manipulating data using Aggregate Functions
- Basic knowledge of using a computer
- Basic knowledge of using the internet
Almost all applications you interact with on a daily basis involves data which are stored in databases . Applications such as Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, Twitter, Hospitals ,Banks etc all interacts with data stored in databases.
SQL is the language used to interact with the data inside these databases. SQL skills are always in demand due to the ever increasing use and reliance of data.
In this beginners course, you will learn the building blocks of SQL by interacting with a PostgreSQL database. From creating a brand new table, up through organizing and aggregating data across multiple tables, you will learn the fundamental skills of SQL — and you’ll be prepared to apply them right away.
Installing PostgreSQL Relational Database System
Connecting to PostgreSQL Default Database
Load sample database
Creating database and tables
Retrieving data from database table
Updating data inside a table
Deleting data inside a database table
Filtering data returned from a database table
Sorting data returned from a database table
Retrieving data using various operators
Combining data from multiple tables
Using aggregate functions to manipulate data.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners to SQL
- Beginners to database
Bluelime is UK based and creates quality easy to understand eLearning solutions .All our courses are 100% video based. We teach hands –on- examples that teach real life skills .
Bluelime has engaged in various types of projects for fortune 500 companies and understands what is required to prepare students with the relevant skills they need.