SQL for Tech and Data Science Interviews
What you'll learn
- Build a winning strategy for the tech/data science interview
- How to focus on mock interviews
- A guided walkthrough to a set of interview questions
- Work on your communication skills and interview style
- Tina’s 5-step framework to acing your SQL interview
- Know what SQL interviewers want to hear from you
- Anticipate follow-up questions
- Be able to demonstrate how you think and reason
- Reduce interview stress by doing the 10 mock interviews provided in the course
- Intro to SQL covered. This is not an Intro to SQL course.
You want to make sure you are ready for your tech/data science interview?
Do you want to learn from an instructor who works for one of the FAANG companies?
Great! Perhaps it was chance that brought you here, but now that you have found this resource, you are a step closer to building a deliberate strategy. You will learn how to focus on doing mock interviews with real interview questions and in a real interview style.
Please bear in mind that this is not an Intro to SQL course that goes in depth about every single concept and function available for you to work with. Instead, this is a resource that will help you ace the job interview and get hired, provided that you have already learned the SQL basics.
If you are looking for a guided walkthrough and coaching through 10 mock interviews – this is the right course for you.
Tina’s 5-step framework will prepare you to tackle any SQL interview question. You will find out what interviewers want to hear from you. Learning how to interact with them is a fundamental skill you will need to master. Oftentimes, potential employers will challenge your assumptions and ask for your thoughts simply because they want to see how you deal with unexpected situations and challenges. You must find a way to keep the conversation going and know how to shrug off any mistakes you make throughout the interview!
The goal of this course is for you to have done the SQL interview at least 10 times – so, when the real interview comes, it just feels like another practice round.
About the author: Tina Huang is a data scientist at one of the FAANG companies. She is also a popular YouTuber with over 60k subscribers. Tina is proud she taught herself SQL from scratch in 11 days to pass her FAANG SQL interview.
This course is one of the best resources you can choose to prepare yourself for the SQL interview you need, to land a job in tech and data science!
Who this course is for:
- Aspiring data scientists
- Aspiring data analysts
- Aspiring business intelligence analysts
- Anyone who needs to get through a SQL interview to land their dream job
365 Careers is the #1 best-selling provider of business, finance, and data science courses on Udemy. The company’s courses have been taken by more than 2,000,000 students in 210 countries. People working at world-class firms like Apple, PayPal, and Citibank have completed 365 Careers trainings.
Currently, 365 focuses on the following topics on Udemy: 1) Finance – Finance fundamentals, Financial modeling in Excel, Valuation, Accounting, Capital budgeting, Financial statement analysis (FSA), Investment banking (IB), Leveraged buyout (LBO), Financial planning and analysis (FP&A), Corporate budgeting, applying Python for Finance, Tesla valuation case study, CFA, ACCA, and CPA
2) Data science – Statistics, Mathematics, Probability, SQL, Python programming, Python for Finance, Business Intelligence, R, Machine Learning, TensorFlow, Tableau, the integration of SQL and Tableau, the integration of SQL, Python, Tableau, Power BI, Credit Risk Modeling, and Credit Analytics, Data literacy, Product Management, Pandas, Numpy, Python Programming, Data Strategy
3) Entrepreneurship – Business Strategy, Management and HR Management, Marketing, Decision Making, Negotiation, and Persuasion, Tesla's Strategy and Marketing
4) Office productivity – Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook
5) Blockchain for Business
All of our courses are:
- Real-life tested
By choosing 365 Careers, you make sure you will learn from proven experts, who have a passion for teaching, and can take you from beginner to pro in the shortest possible amount of time.
If you want to become a financial analyst, a data scientist, a business analyst, a data analyst, a business intelligence analyst, a business executive, a finance manager, an FP&A analyst, an investment banker, or an entrepreneur
365 Careers’ courses are the perfect place to start.
Hi, my name is Tina and I'm a data scientist at a FAANG company. I have an undergraduate degree in pharmacology from the University of Toronto. I worked in bioinformatics in cancer research and then decided to a masters in computer science (MCIT) from the University of Pennsylvania. After my masters, I interned at Goldman Sachs before ending up at my current job in tech.