Mastering SQL (Using MySQL, Java, and Go)
- 21 hours on-demand video
- 87 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Write complex queries to address organizations business queries
- Perform data analysis using SQL
- Design and implement your own database (mainly using MySQL and partially using PostgreSQL)
- Create tables, views, triggers, stored programs, and cursors
- Design and implement four sample databases
- Connect MySQL / PostgreSQL to Java and Go (Google Golang)
- To learn SQL, all you need is some general computer knowledge, and time and patience to learn the topics and to work on exercises and assignments
- To connect MySQL and PostgreSQL to Java, you'll need prior Java experience, but code will be explained in detail
- To connect MySQL and PostgreSQL to Go (Google Golang), you'll need prior Go experience, but code will be explained in detail
Learning SQL (Structured Query Language), as the most commonly used database language, can be one of the greatest career decisions you make.
SQL is one of the most sought-after skills by hiring employers.
SQL that is the primary language responsible for managing data within a relational database management system (RDBMS) can be easily connected to any programming language.
SQL is a natural language for data analysis that is the center of every decision making process.
SQL is a productive language for writing queries and for performing CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) operations on data.
SQL can be used by data scientists, data analysts, front- and back-end developers, business and systems analysts and in short anyone who's willing to analyze data.
In this practical course, you will:
Learn CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) operations
Create complex queries across multiple tables
Analyze data and create reports accordingly
Write complex joins (inner, outer, full)
Write summary queries using aggregate functions
Utilize String/Numeric/Datetime functions
Analyze data, group the related data into separate entities (tables), establish relationships (1-1, 1-m, m-m) between tables, and apply referential integrity on tables
Write views, triggers, stored procedures, cursors, and stored functions
Four Comprehensive Assignments: Create four sample databases from scratch, as well as to write advanced queries for each assignment
Assignments: Learn how views, triggers, stored procedures, cursors, and stored functions can interact
Connect MySQL and PostgreSQL to Java
Connect MySQL and PostgreSQL to Go (Google Golang)
- Developers, systems analysts, business analysts, or anyone willing to comfortably write SQL queries to analyze data and to address business needs
- Anyone willing to create databases, tables, views, triggers, and stored programs
- Anyone who wants to learn how use SQL (mainly MySQL and partially PostgreSQL) in Java and Go (Google Golang)