- You need to download and install either MySQL or SQL Server and should have the environment setup in your machine. For general users community editions are available for both the products which are free.
SQL is an integral part of majority of software projects and is important for you to gain familiarity with the language if you are an IT aspirant.
This course covers the topics related to database design and query design, and helps you assimilate the topics in a way that you should be able to understand and design the schema.
It covers the most essential features of the language and explains them through simplified and easy to understand examples. Includes DDL, DML and Query commands along with hints about the other essential features. Core focus will be on table design and explaining the features such as query and joins with their mathematical approach so that you can effectively design complex queries.
It includes SQL scripts related to the lectures under the resources section which are intended to help students expedite the learning by means of executing the same scripts taught in the video.
Who this course is for:
- If you are a newbie to SQL and looking forward to understand it through step by step approach or you would like to finetune your SQL foundations, this course is apt for you.
- It is NOT for you if you are familiar with SQL and looking for advanced topics.
- 01:12Course Overview
- 00:02MySQL Installation Guide
- 03:08Introduction & Terminology
- 05:43Getting started with basic commands
- 7 questionsQuiz
Sagar an M.Tech graduate from ANU a passionate application developer and a trainer apart from being a good learner and a listener, started his career as a trainer and later he was part of design and development of several software projects and products. Earned his reputation as a hard core Java developer and Systems Integration Specialist and was instrumental in success of several projects with his technical, leadership and mentoring skills.