- Latest update: 10/23/2017
- More than 220 Lectures
- Very Comprehensive with extra lectures on Database Administration
- May help in obtaining Oracle Database 12c SQL Certification.
- With FULL Subtitles for all the video lessons
About This Course:
Welcome to the course, The Complete Oracle SQL Course.
This course introduces SQL, which is an acronym for 'Structured Query Language', to its students. This is based on Oracle's SQL implementation for Oracle Databases. The lessons are based on Oracle 12c Database and SQL Developer Tools running in Windows 10.
This course may help you in taking a step towards..
- in becoming an 'Oracle SQL Developer'
- in achieving 'Oracle SQL Certification'
About the Name of this Course:
When I started out to create this course, I wanted to create a Beginner Level Oracle SQL course. So I named it as 'SQL Development for Beginners'.
However as I progressed, I decided to make it much more comprehensive and cover most of the topics in the curriculum of Oracle SQL exam 1Z0-071. And so I renamed it to, The Complete Oracle SQL Course.
So, this course starts with Beginner Level lessons and progresses into next levels.
SQL is used to interact with Database Systems. As per ANSI (American National Standards Institute), SQL is the standard language for Relational Database Management Systems.
SQL has been the prominent language to interact with various Database Systems for many decades. While many languages that existed two decades ago are extinct now, SQL has always maintained its supremacy in the RDBMS world. Over the time, it has only advanced with new features and standards. And it seems to stay that way for years to come.
About Oracle Database:
Oracle Database is one of the prominent Database Systems in the RDBMS (Relational Database Management Systems) segment. Some of the other prominent Database Systems are
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Sybase ASE.
They also use SQL to interact with their Database Systems. While there are subtle differences between each of their SQL implementations, a SQL as a whole, is generally very standard. So a person with SQL knowledge in one platform such as Oracle, may find it easier to learn and code for other Database Systems such as Microsoft SQL or MySQL.
The point is, once you learn SQL, then your reach into the job market is very wide.
About the Curriculum:
- The curriculum has been carefully designed to introduce the Oracle RDBMS environment first.
- Then it moves on to various types of SQL Statements such as DDL, DML and TCL.
- And next, it goes to the depths of various SQL Statements, Conditions, Sorting, Functions, Grouping etc..
- It also gives Database Administration tips, as needed.
- It is also covers most of the topics from the Oracle SQL Certification Exam 1Z0-071
- Oracle awards certain certifications that are recognized globally
- One such certification is Oracle Database 12c SQL Certified Associate
- The exam for that certification is (currently as of May 2016), 1Z0-071.
- The topics in this course covers most of the topics for that exam.
Oracle Certification - Declarations
- While this course covers most of the topics for that exam, this course is not a sole material for that exam. Additional materials such as Oracle's recommended Books may be needed.
- This course is NOT an official course from Oracle Corporation.
- This course has been developed individually by its author.
About the Instructor:
The instructor of this course, Mr.Sam Dhanasekaran, has more than 20 years of IT experience. It predominantly includes Database Support, IT Support and Recruiting.
More lessons have been opened for public previews than the required amount. Please take your time to go through all of them. This will give you an idea about the instructor's presentation style, technical knowledge etc.
All the video based lectures contain subtitles or closed-captions. You would be able to enable them if needed.