SQL: Data Analytics Applications in the Real World
What you'll learn
- Understanding the importance schemas and how they can be utilised when managing table relationships
- Using statements such as ‘CREATE’, ‘ALTER’ and ‘INSERT’ to manipulate tables
- Creating tables by defining column properties
- Inserting data into tables
- Defining primary and foreign keys to highlight the relationship and ensure tables have a strong structural integrity
- Understanding the factors associated to primary and foreign keys and how to manipulate them to ensure they satisfy the requirements of the table schema
- Defining column constraints by using ‘NOT NULL’ and ‘UNIQUE’
- Creating virtual tables by utilising 'VIEWS' and understand the benefits which they hold
- Defining relationships of multiple tables and how to optimise the data analysis carried out
- Understanding and applying complex joins which consist of more than two tables
- Altering tables to ensure that they complement the table schema
- Going through four unique case studies along with a bonus case study to enhance the understanding of how to utilise data analytic techniques in the real world
- Quizzes to test your knowledge as you progress through the course!
- Either completed the ‘SQL & Power BI: Your Data Analytics & Visualisation Journey’ course, or have previous experience and knowledge using Microsoft SQL Server
- It is essential to know how to carry out the following operations in SQL: ‘WHERE’ clause filtering, aggregations, joins, categorisation by using ‘CASE’, stored procedures, converting data types and window functions.
- No need to even have SQL Server downloaded in advance, as we'll show you how to get it installed for free!
- Note that SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio) cannot be installed on Mac OS. To install it on your Mac, the "Parallels Desktop" software is required, or the dual-boot to Windows method
- Why not check the reviews & curriculum to see what's in it for you?
"Great course with easy-to-follow explanations and examples that helped me better understand how to apply SQL techniques. Well done." - Keith Franklin Talley
"The instructor is extremely clear in explaining the SQL concepts" - Aman Carter
"The perfect course to build up on the previous one, I felt my confidence increasing in terms of using SQL but to also take the step in to data analysis. Thank you Data Civilisation, you guys have been nothing but great" - Imran Khan
"Amazing course! The cases are very clear. Concepts are well explained!"- Agustin Portilla
In this course, we will look at how data analytics can be applied in the real world on data which is utilised by different companies and businesses!
We will be developing on the knowledge which we learnt in our ‘SQL & Power BI: Your Data Analytics & Visualisation Journey’ course and understand how it can be utilised to in the real world.
Upon enrolling, you’ll gain instant, lifetime access to all sections of the course, as well as the data files and scripts necessary for the exercises.
Our approach is a stepped approach, meaning that you will keep gaining more and more building blocks as you work through the lectures. This means you will be equipped with the necessary knowledge to conduct data analytics and visualise your data to a professional standard.
You’ll get access to all sections of the course that will teach you the fundamentals from the ground up, supported with over 8 hours of clear, structured content to start your data journey.
In this course, you will dive deeper into SQL and understand the importance of how to define and utilise table relationships. You will also be introduced to new concepts and operations in SQL. The breakdown is as follows:
An introduction into table schemas and how they can be used in real life applications
Understanding the methodology of table schemas
Creating table schema diagrams to understand the relationships between multiple tables
Understanding what Primary and Foreign keys are, and how to define and utilise them
How to create new tables where the data types and structure is defined
Inserting new rows of data into tables
Applying constraints to table columns
How to alter the nature and properties of the table columns
Creating and utilising Common Table Expressions (CTEs)
There will also be four unique case studies in this course which will apply all the material covered in this course. These case studies are based on real life scenarios!
Who this course is for:
- Experienced SQL users, looking to develop and apply new data analysis skills on real world scenarios
Data Civilisation is a technology-based analytics company, aiming to bring keen and curious learners together.
We aim to provide only the best quality content, to help our learners along their journey of becoming experienced data analysts.
Data Civilisation was founded by two data analysts who started their careers in the largest professional service consultancy firms. They work with various tools, such as SQL, PowerBI, and Python and have over ten years of combined experience in analytics.