Mastering Spring Framework Fundamentals
What you'll learn
- How to use confidently use the Spring framework container in the workplace
- A deep practical understanding of the concepts of dependency injection, inversion of control and autowiring and the Spring container
- Understand and be able to use XML, annotation-based and Java based configuration to create Spring-managed beans in the container
- How the Spring container is used in modern Java applications
- How to use properties in Spring applications
- An understanding of and know how to apply profiles in Spring applications to manage environment-specific property sets
- A feeling of confidence in using the Spring framework and it's dependency injection and autowiring features
- Spring JDBC to work with databases
- How to use and apply Spring Aspects to tackle cross-cutting project concerns
- Spring MVC and web development with Spring
- Understand Java to at least a basic level
- Have a desire and curiosity to understand the Spring framework
- Understand basic concepts of object oriented programming (limited to interfaces, objects and their instantiation)
This course takes you head first into the exciting world of Spring development!
You'll get to know and understand the major parts of the core framework such as:
The Spring container and how it manages your beans for you and delivers a flexible runtime environment for applications
The concept of dependency injection: how it works and is applied in Spring
Inversion of Control - what it is and why it's so useful
Spring property management and how to manage application properties and state
Profiles in Spring and how they are used and applied
Proxies and proxying and how that works to magically do things like make service methods transactional
The various lifecycle and callback interfaces and events you need to know to integrate with and access lower-level components of the Spring container
Spring JDBC and how to work with databases
Working with Spring Aspects to apply Aspect Oriented Programming in the container
Spring MVC and web application development with Spring
and much much more!
In this course we don't waste time going into the esoteric parts of the Spring framework which you'll never encounter. Instead, we focus just on the 90% of stuff you need to know to get the job done.
Spring is the most in-demand skill for Java developers beyond a knowledge of the Java programming language itself and in this course you'll be up and running and be able to confidently work with existing Spring applications, and have the confidence to start building your own, from the ground up.
I hope you'll join me on this fantastic exciting world of Spring development and I'll see you in class!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Java developers who need to get up and running with the Spring framework fast
- Intermediate developers who are transitioning into Java technology and need a no-nonsense quick guide to getting up and running with Spring
- Experienced developers who have forgotten the basics of Spring and could use a refresher course on the fundamentals
- Anyone who wants to know how Spring works from the ground up in the most succinct and pragmatic way possible
Do you want to take your Java skills to the next level?
I started JavaEasily in 2018 so I could produce courses focused on teaching Java technology to students all around the world.
Since then I've been busy creating the Java Easily website and publishing courses and articles on different aspects of Java.
Feel free to check out the JavaEasily YouTube channel and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Here's to your success with Java! ;)
JavaEasily helps you become a better Java developer by teaching you the core skills you need to succeed in Java today.
We create courses for beginner and intermediate Java developers to help them deepen their knowledge and accelerate their developer career!