Getting Started with Spring Boot 2
What you'll learn
- The new features in Spring Boot 2 and Spring Framework 5
- Spring MVC
- Spring Security & Thymeleaf
- Spring Data JPA
- Spring Boot Essentials
- Experience with the Java Programming Language
- Experience Building Web Applications
This course offers hands-on experience building Spring Framework applications using Spring Boot. The first thing that is going to stand out is that we are going to move away from the boring, non-useful demos. In the new course, we are going to build a practical application from start to finish.
While we are creating this application together we will take a look at some of the new features Spring Framework 5 & Spring Boot 2 have to offer. By taking this course you will have the latest skills that you need to build real applications using the Spring Framework.
What is Spring Boot?
Spring Boot makes it easy to create stand-alone, production-grade Spring based Applications that you can "just run".
Spring Boot takes an opinionated view of the Spring platform and third-party libraries so you can get started with minimum fuss. Most Spring Boot applications need very little Spring configuration.
Build anything with Spring Boot
Spring Boot is the starting point for building all Spring-based applications. Spring Boot is designed to get you up and running as quickly as possible, with minimal upfront configuration of Spring.
Get started in seconds using Spring Initializr
Build anything - REST API, WebSocket, Web, Streaming, Tasks, and more
Rich support for SQL and NoSQL
Embedded runtime support - Tomcat, Jetty, and Undertow
Developer productivity tools such as live reload and auto restart
Curated dependencies that just work
Production-ready features such as tracing, metrics and health status
Works in your favorite IDE - Spring Tool Suite, IntelliJ IDEA and NetBeans
Who this course is for:
- Java Developer - You should be familiar with the Java Programming language. You don't need to be a rockstar (I certainly am not) but you should have an intermediate understanding.
- Web Developer - While you don't need to know Spring to get started you should have some experience building web applications. If you have experience using another MVC framework that's even better but it's not required.
- Heard of Spring - You don't need prior experience with Spring but if you have at least heard of it and understand what it is that will help you out.
- New Features - You are interested in seeing some of the new features in Spring Framework 5 and Spring Boot 2.
Hi, I’m Dan Vega. I am a Software Engineer living just outside of one of my favorite places in the world, Cleveland, Ohio I am a self-taught programmer who firmly believes that you can accomplish anything in this life if you put your mind to it, roll up your sleeves, and are willing to put in the work.
I have been writing software for over 20+ years now and I use my knowledge, passion, and influence to help other developers achieve their goals. I teach online and currently, have over 150,000 students.
When I am not writing software I have a number of things that really keep me busy. I love to read books, listen to podcasts, and watch online courses. I have a real thirst for knowledge and it consumes me every single day of the week. I also love to run & lift heavy weights which keep me balanced throughout the week.