Sports Nutrition for Soccer Players
What you'll learn
- You will learn all about the energy currency of your body.
- You will learn about the different energy systems that your body is using for different activity levels.
- You will learn the basics of sports nutrition including macronutrients, micronutrients, sports specific nutrition and supplements.
- You will learn that by managing your nutrition you will largely enhance the outcome of your training efforts.
- You will learn how to determine your own nutrition strategy, rehydration requirements and supplement needs.
- You will learn that a rock-solid nutrition strategy is not only about eating the RIGHT foods. It’s also about WHEN to eat them.
- You will learn what whole foods you should eat to meet your macro and micronutrient requirements.
- You will learn all about effective fueling methods that help you achieve your best in your next soccer match.
- You will learn everything about the available super supplements that will actually improve performance.
- Our course is not an academic course. Actually it's designed for all levels of amateur -and professional soccer players. Beginners and advanced students will both benefit. No prior knowledge is required.
In the last Big Count, by sports governing body FIFA in 2006, it was estimated that there are 265 million people who play soccer along with more than 5 million referees. At the time of the count that equated to 4% of the world’s population!
That makes soccer the largest sport on the globe in terms of participation and there is no evidence that its popularity is on the decline. Unfortunately, the nutrition knowledge of the average football player does not reflect the popularity of the game.
Perhaps this is the result of the availability of sports nutrition information dedicated to soccer being far below what you would expect given the game’s status.
And this despite the fact that understanding the physical demands of football accompanied by knowledge about how to adapt your nutrition will help a soccer player massively improve his or her game.
That made me realize there is a massive need for practical, easy to understand fundamental sports nutrition learning, so I decided to put together a dedicated Sports Nutrition Course for Soccer Players.
This comprehensive course is turning completely uninformed soccer players into knowledgeable athletes allowing each and every one of them to adapt and fine-tune their diets and see their performance on the field and training ground improve without ever increasing training time.
So click on the purple ‘ADD TO CART’ button and enroll in our exciting new course: SPORTS NUTRITION FOR SOCCER PLAYERS. Join us straightaway and start building your sports nutrition knowledge from zero to hero level.
Who this course is for:
- The course is for amateur -and professional soccer players. Our goal is to help players get a better understanding of sports nutrition and use their acquired knowledge to augment the outcome of their performance on the soccer field and on the training ground..
Actually to be honest, I don’t like bio's written in third person but since I have this lovely bio that was written for me for a conference, I’ve decided to just go with it:
Jurgen holds a graduate degree in food & agriculture from Wageningen University & Research (WUR) in the Netherlands, which includes a Certificate in Nutrition, Exercise and Sports.
He is also a certified sports nutritionist with the American Fitness Professionals & Associates (AFPA), and holds sport nutrition certificates from the International Olympic Committee (IOC), the US National Federation of State High School Associations (NFSH), and Ironman University. Finally he has obtained a certificate in sports nutrition for football from Barça Universitas and he is a certified race director with USA Triathlon.
Besides his theoretical background Jurgen has gained a great deal of practical understanding of the impact of sports nutrition on physical performance, because he has been an active athlete throughout his live. He has practiced and/or competed in a wide range of sports varying from horse show jumping, field hockey, snowboarding and windsurfing to running, inline skating, mountain biking and triathlon. He completed a bunch of Half and Full marathons and countless Olympic distance triathlons and duathlons. Jurgen finished 3 full Ironman races, over 30 Half Ironman races and he qualified for the World Championship Ironman 70.3 in 2010.
In 2016 Jurgen founded Bollox Sports Nutrition, a company that is occupied with the production and marketing of sports nutrition products for endurance athletes. This has largely helped him widening his sports nutrition experience.
In 2020 he established the School of Sports Nutrition, a digital education platform about sports nutrition for amateur -and professional athletes and fitness enthusiasts. The aim of the SSN is to help students get a better understanding of sports nutrition and enhance the outcome of their workouts and competitions, with the least possible effort and at an attractive price.