Sports Nutrition for Athletes and Fitness Enthusiasts
What you'll learn
- You will learn the basics of sports nutrition including macronutrients, micronutrients, sports specific nutrition and supplements.
- You will learn that by managing your nutrition you will largely enhance the outcome of your exercise efforts.
- You will learn how to determine your own nutrition strategy, rehydration requirements and supplement needs.
- You will learn that a rock-solid nutrition strategy is not only about eating the RIGHT foods. It’s also about WHEN to eat them.
- You will learn what whole foods you should eat to meet your macro and micronutrient requirements.
- You will learn how to defeat the supplement FAKE NEWS machine, powered by supplement producers.
- You will learn all about effective fueling methods that help you achieve your personal best in your next endurance race.
- You will learn about the one critical reason why energy drinks will NOT help you on race day.
- You will learn everything about the available super supplements that will actually improve gym performance.
Did you know that research by the University of South Carolina revealed that 91% of athletes and 63% of coaches have little knowledge about sports nutrition?
And indeed, most athletes and fitness enthusiasts are rushing through their daily exercise routine without even knowing the basic difference between proteins and carbs.
But conducting purposeful physical exercise without sports nutrition knowledge is like running around in a dark forest. Blindfolded.
And because those athletes and fitness enthusiasts reach far-from optimal results they are trying to compensate their knowledge BLIND SPOT by turning to crazy expensive supplements that hardly ever work.
That made me realize there is a massive need for practical, easy to understand fundamental sports nutrition learning, so I decided to establish the School of Sports Nutrition.
Our comprehensive course is turning completely uninformed athletes and fitness enthusiasts into knowledgeable sportspersons allowing each and every one of them to adapt and fine-tune their diets and see their exercise performance improve without ever increasing training time.
So take off that blindfold, click on the purple ‘ADD TO CART’ button and enroll in our exciting new course: SPORTS NUTRITION FOR ATHLETES AND FITNESS ENTHUSIASTS. Join us straightaway and start building your sports nutrition knowledge from zero to hero level.
Who this course is for:
- The course is for amateur -and professional athletes as well as fitness enthusiasts. Our goal is to help students get a better understanding of sports nutrition and use their acquired knowledge to augment the outcome of their exercise efforts and athletic performance.
Actually to be honest, I don’t like bio's written in third person but since I have this lovely bio that was written for me for a conference, I’ve decided to just go with it:
Jurgen holds a graduate degree in food & agriculture from Wageningen University & Research (WUR) in the Netherlands, which includes a Certificate in Nutrition, Exercise and Sports.
He is also a certified sports nutritionist with the American Fitness Professionals & Associates (AFPA), and holds sport nutrition certificates from the International Olympic Committee (IOC), the US National Federation of State High School Associations (NFSH), and Ironman University. Finally he has obtained a certificate in sports nutrition for football from Barça Universitas and he is a certified race director with USA Triathlon.
Besides his theoretical background Jurgen has gained a great deal of practical understanding of the impact of sports nutrition on physical performance, because he has been an active athlete throughout his live. He has practiced and/or competed in a wide range of sports varying from horse show jumping, field hockey, snowboarding and windsurfing to running, inline skating, mountain biking and triathlon. He completed a bunch of Half and Full marathons and countless Olympic distance triathlons and duathlons. Jurgen finished 3 full Ironman races, over 30 Half Ironman races and he qualified for the World Championship Ironman 70.3 in 2010.
In 2016 Jurgen founded Bollox Sports Nutrition, a company that is occupied with the production and marketing of sports nutrition products for endurance athletes. This has largely helped him widening his sports nutrition experience.
In 2020 he established the School of Sports Nutrition, a digital education platform about sports nutrition for amateur -and professional athletes and fitness enthusiasts. The aim of the SSN is to help students get a better understanding of sports nutrition and enhance the outcome of their workouts and competitions, with the least possible effort and at an attractive price.