Spiritual Direction 101
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 10 articles
- 9 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Students who take this course will learn about spiritual direction.
- They will learn what is is and what to expect out of a session.
- Students will be introduced to the spiritual director and how they are trained.
- A sample virtual session will be provided to help the student understand what spiritual direction is like.
- There are no special requirements or prerequisites for this course.
- Just bring your open mind and heart.
Welcome to spiritual direction. This course will introduce you to the ancient spiritual guidance process called spiritual direction. It is designed to help people on their spiritual journey by providing mentorship, companionship, and instruction. Spiritual direction is for people of all faith traditions and is suitable for those who are not quite sure what they believe (or even if they do believe). Join us as we explore the spiritual direction and learn how it can help you find deeper meaning in life.
- Spiritual seekers.
- Religious people.
- Anyone interesting in keeping their faith.
- Everyone seeking deeper meaning who may not necessarily be "religious" but believe in something more.
- Individuals who are curious about faith development.
You will learn the basic definition of Spiritual Direction.
At your first session with a spiritual director, you will be asked a few questions to help the director to get to know you and what your expectations are. This is a good exercise for anyone who is starting out on a spiritual journey, or for someone who is on their journey, but wants to regroup and refocus on what their spiritual priorities are. Fill out this intake form to see what you would expect from a session with a spiritual director.
As we learn about spiritual direction, your spiritual director will sometimes give you homework to do after a session. This is exercise is an example of an exercise that might be used. It will help you to recognize the process of awakenings to possibilities. You will be asked to look at your life and examine how the ending is a catalyst for new beginnings
This homework exercise is one that you can use several times throughout your spiritual practice. Lectio Divina, or "Divine Reading" asks you to read, meditate, pray, contemplate, and act on inspirations you gain from reading a spiritual passage from a book, quote, or other text. It can work with any type of inspirational reading. Enjoy!