Travel Deep On the Cheap with Technology and Mindfulness
What you'll learn
- Determine your travel dream; see how opportunity can help you seize your dreams; and explore out-of-the-box ways to manifest your dream to travel the world
- Understand what do to before leaving home, including reducing expenses, setting up passive income streams, and packing for world travel
- Use intentions, an awareness/mindfulness practice, gratitude, positive thinking, and journaling to get more out of travel
- Understand passports, visas, and immigration restrictions, as well as cash, currency exchange, and bank card tips while abroad
- Understand how to make your smartphone world-travel ready, use it for communication worldwide, and have an arsenal of travel apps to help you along the way
- Find the cheapest flight tickets with specific online tools and strategies, and also know the best ways to use ground transportation
- Learn about specific methods to secure alternative sleeping accomodations besides hotels and hostels, including options that allow you to stay with locals for free.
- Understand why not knowing a foreign language shouldn't hold you back from world travel, how to be comfortable traveling alone or in a group setting, and how to interact with people of foreign cultures
- Capture your experiences with better travel photographs and journaling exercises
- Find new friends or even get a date abroad
- Plan your itinerary with simple templates
- You will want to have internet access to visit the various online tools for travel from either a smartphone, tablet, or computer
Become a travel expert and save thousands of dollars on your next trip as you live like a local anywhere in the world! You will learn to travel hack your way to the cheapest airfare, find the cheapest accommodations or stay for free with locals, and discover all of the internet social networks that will help you meet new people along the way. With a smartphone as your personal travel agent and a mindfulness practice covering experiential journaling and awareness exercises, you will learn to explore the world around you and the world inside yourself in ways that will make your travel experience life-changing. Included as the course textbook is the full-length eBook, "How to Spin the World Around: With Cheap Travel, Technology and Mindfulness" authored by the course instructor. The course is structured as a series of lectures delivered from beautiful places and reinforced with quizzes, worksheet exercises, and a website cheat sheet to list out all of the sites mentioned in this course. Whether you are a seasoned traveler or about to leave home for the first time, you will learn a lot from this course about the latest and greatest ways to travel the world.
Who this course is for:
- This course is meant for both new travelers who want to understand the basics of world travel as well as experienced travelers looking for the latest tools to cut costs and meet locals
- This course is probably not for you if money is no object, you wish to only visit tourist attractions, and you are not interested in local culture.
Russell Eric Dobda circled the planet to visit 24 countries on 38 flights that averaged less than $100 each while he slept for free and lived an inspiring yearlong adventure. He had the time of his life without knowing a soul yet lived like a local everywhere he went. Along the way, he developed a system that others can use to see the world on a shoestring and create rich experiences at the same time. With half of Americans letting vacation days go to waste, Russell can use his expertise to help them enjoy the vacation they never they thought they could afford. He is an expert on how to make the most of travel technology and how to travel mindfully.