Spice-Up Your Guitar Cover Songs; Develop YOUR Unique Style
What you'll learn
- You will become a MUCH more interesting guitar player. (And have way more fun playing) Songs that you've played before in a certain, plain way, will now open up to your many new creative choices.
- You will start to develop your own unique style on the guitar, and play your favorite songs in your unique way, by first opening up to inspiration from some of the world's most loved guitarists.
- Bonus: Beautiful, printable songbook with 110+ of the most fun-to-play guitar songs of all time - so you'll have songs to practice your new techniques on.
- Bonus: A detailed 100+ page fancy e-book that'll help you ingrain the knowledge from each lesson. Inluding how-to-practice guides, cheat-sheets, links to relevant examples in famous songs, lesson summaries, and more.
- Play songs beautifully by adding "the #1 way to beautify songs": Arpeggiating the chords. (playing the notes individually) Notable example: "Green Day - Time of Your Life")
- Give songs some cool rhythm twists - by surprising your listeners with "genre conversions". For example - turn a rock song into a bossa nova, turn a pop song into funk, etc.
- BONUS: Enjoy the 7 Guitar Songs Masters fancy e-books on various guitar topics that'll help improve your music life.
- Whenever you'll feel like it, you'll be naturally substituting regular, boring chords with COLORFUL chords: 7th chords, slash chords, suspended chords, and more.
- Add "sparkle" to your songs by sometimes using special chord voicings up the neck instead of plain open chords.
- Play interesting transitions between chords by using bass walk-ups & walk-downs, and also chromatic chords walk-ups & walk-downs.
- Play songs in the style of Jimi Hendrix and John Mayer, with their unique right-hand groove, and while adding riffs between the chords while playing "thumb-over chords".
- Decorate your songs with some riffs between the chords, and also add gorgeous hammer-ons and pull-offs INTO the chords.
- Play acoustic rhythm guitar in the chill "beach-style" style of Jack Johnson - while using "string slaps" and mutes.
- SONGWRITERS - your future songs will be a lot more interesting and different from the rest of the pack. The new sounds out of your guitar will surely inspire you in more ways, and take your lyrics and melodies to more interesting places.
- + A handful of other practical and useful techniques, all learned by using practical examples from famous songs that used them, and famous songs that did not - but make for great places to ADD them to on your own.
- Are you comfortable with playing songs on the guitar, but you want to do it in a much more interesting and developed way? Welcome, this course was tailor-made exactly for you! (:
- A desire to start building your own personal sound on the guitar, by getting to know many new techniques - and famous songs that showcase them.
- Acoustic or electric guitar - whichever one that you prefer playing songs on.
A few questions for you:
- What would it feel like, if you knew that ANY songs that you would choose to play on the guitar - would just sound beautiful, personal, and expressive out of your own hands?
- Expressive and even emotional in a way that you've only felt a few times before, when you've heard REALLY good versions of those songs - perhaps covers, that you just fell in love with and couldn't stop listening to?
- What if I told you, that you can be able to play all of your favorite songs - in your own way, and actually FEEL great emotions and new inspiration while playing them?
If you're tired from playing songs in the same old way, and from feeling like everything that you play sounds the same - I have to tell you that I was there too, for years. That's exactly the reason that I made this course, and it's been created as the dream course that I wish I had a few years ago.
You are about to become a completely different guitar player - a whole lot more interesting & captivating, with a personal style, and most importantly - having more fun in each song that you play. (And so will your listeners)
People will be touched and impressed with what you'll do on the guitar - and they'll want to hear more.
(for more details on the techniques and "spices" that you will learn - see the description below, and also the course curriculum content below)
What students have said:
"I've been a basic "campfire" strummer for years. I decided to try this course to see if I really could spice up my playing and make it more interesting. I'm still in the early stages, but already I've learned two new techniques that weren't too difficult to pick up that are already starting to make a difference in my playing and in my songwriting. The instructor's positive, encouraging tone is very motivating and helpful - especially when trying something a little more difficult. This course is HUGE! I expect to learn tons by the time I work my way through it. This is money well-spent!" James Craven
"Cooper is an amazing teacher who knows what we want to learn. I always felt I played the guitar in a really boring fashion. In only a couple of days with his course, I learned to play songs with arpeggios and everyone noticed a huge difference. This course is everything I was looking for." Jehú Alvarado
"Let's clarify one thing right off the bat. This is not a song lessons course, you're expected to already know a few songs. This is a "how do I go about playing the songs I know my way" course. The PDFs are your friends when it comes to helping you really break down and understand the ideas presented (and I know Cooper put a lot of work into them because they are chock full of information...) If you're looking for a nudge to get you out of a campfire strumming rut, this is exactly what the doctor (of awesome covers) prescribed." Dora P.
"The advantage over the "learn-how-to-play-this-song" approach of most Youtube videos is that he teaches some basic techniques that can be applied to dress up any song." Larry Tuck
"This course is absolutely amazing. I could not find much on these techniques all over the web, and this course covered all I needed in such a professional way - it is unreal!" Eli Eliashar
"I have been playing the guitar for decades now, but not feeling a real improvement, although I spent so many hours on Youtube. I started Mr Cooper course yesterday (Spice your songs playing), and the two first lessons gave me plenty of ideas on how to improve my arpeggios, adding scale chords I never thought about. Thanks a lot for that course. All the best for you. Dominique." Dominique Farese.
Are you at a place where you can play songs that you love on the guitar, but you feel that most of them sound plain, and sort-of the same when you play them?
Do you want to play songs in a more enjoyable, satisfying way - with a lot more creative choices and sound options at your fingertips?
Do you want to be able to really express and transmit your emotions through your playing - and captivate your listeners?
Do you want to get into a journey of improving and spicing-up your song-playing through studying the habits, ideas and techniques of some the world's most-loved guitarists? (The Beatles, John Mayer, Ed Sheeran, Jimi Hendrix, Jack Johnson and many others)
If the answers are yes - so you are in the right place, and the only place on the internet which can give you those answers.
I created this course as the dream course that I wish I had when I was at the position that you're at now.
I was at that exact same place shortly after I was finally able to play a lot of my favorite songs fluently, and this feeling stuck for several years of mostly plateauing.
A feeling of "OK... What's next after I got those simple strums down?". I felt like my playing was stuck in a rut and there was nothing really special or ear-catching in my playing, neither to me - or to my friends who were listening.
That's actually a spot most people get to - once they can strum some songs. They want to be more than a campfire player that's identical to the next guy/girl.
And you can be at this spot whether if you've been playing for 6 months or 30 years.
But with the right guidance and inspiration - you can move forward very quickly and fire up the guitar passion all over again.
Once I started getting on that road of discovering new song-playing techniques, the new possibilities and new spices I can add to my sound just kept showing up, my ears got better, and I found new inspirations in many songs that I listened to.
Today - the last thing I feel when I play a song is the "boredom" or the "same-old-same-old" feeling that I used to feel.
The other way around is true - I feel like there are just many different ways in which I can take a song and make it "my own".
Because of that, each time I play a song - it's also a slightly different version of it - and that's what I like the most - the richness of possibilities and choices that I can make.
Bonus: Beautiful, printable SONGBOOK with 110+ of the most fun-to-play guitar songs of all time - so you'll have many songs to practice your new techniques on. I handpicked these songs for you - and they are all EPIC. You'll get hundreds of hours of fun out of this book.
Why should you listen to me?
Hi, my name is Alon Cooper. I am touring the world while running my online teaching business, playing venues (solo or with a band), and learning from the best musicians wherever I go.
I am the founder of Guitar Songs Masters, one of the top five most read guitar blogs worldwide, and of the GuitarSongsMasters Video Courses Academy, which has over 100k students in more than 10 unique guitar courses.
My primary focus since my early days of playing the guitar, was to play the songs that I love - while trying to give them my personal twist. That's what I'm an expert at - and that's why this course is the flagship course that I worked on for a year and there's nothing like it on the internet.
To conclude - my expertise is in teaching you how to play the songs that you love - with your own unique sound that I can help you develop.
Looking forward to seeing you inside the course, and to hopefully hear from you as you're making the journey of developing your own sound. (I'm serious - I love hearing from students - so feel free to send me a message)
Who this course is for:
- Guitar players that feel like their song-playing is on the boring side - and who want a major refreshment.
- Guitar players who feel that they're stuck in a rut and want to add more personal style to their playing.
Hi! I am a music artist based in Austin and Amsterdam, touring the world while running my online teaching business, playing venues with a band / solo, and learning with the most inspiring musicians wherever I go.
I hope I can be your helpful friend on your musical journey.
I have a huge passion for passing on my knowledge and seeing others succeed. In 2014 I founded the blog GuitarSongsMasters-com, and shortly after also created the accompanying video courses academy - that have gained over 100K students so far.
These days I am working on many new courses and also on my own music, which people often say resembles a mix between Jack Johnson and John Mayer (with lots of Brazilian, jazz, and other exotic influences), if you're curious - check it out! (Spotify - Cooper, IG - cooper.guitar) Cheers, and hope to hear from you soon.