Speech & Language: A Course for Parents & Teachers
What you'll learn
- Learn about the causes and types of speech difficulties
- Explore the processes involved in communication and language
- Learn strategies to help children with specific language needs
- Examine figurative and abstract language and oral comprehension
- Examine book review strategies and phonological awareness
- Analyse types of memory and learn strategies to improve and develop attention, memory and listening skills
- Outline the purpose and contents of an I.E.P.
This course is in-depth with knowledge and practical advise to parents and teachers/ educators on how to help and support a child with speech and language difficulties. There is advise and templates on how to do an observation assessment with videos on how to help your child with practical tasks on reading and questioning.
Who this course is for:
- Teachers, SPecial Ed. Teachers, Class Assistants, SNA's and Pre-School Teachers
Deirdre has a B.Sc and H. Dip in Education (NUIG) and worked in secondary schools teaching Science, Biology and Chemistry. She later retrained as a primary school teacher and completed an Advanced Diploma in Inclusive Education (ABA, Inclusion, Dyslexia)and an honours degree in Psychology (B.Sc.).
Deirdre has recently completed a 200 RYT yoga teacher training course, that is Yoga Alliance accredited.
Deirdre has a wide range of teaching experience in both the mainstream and special education setting at primary and secondary level. She has spent 10 years working in resource teaching and learning support, specifically within literacy and maths education.