Specialist Certificate in Organizational Behavior Analysis
What you'll learn
- Introduce students to psychology theories and research at individual, group and organisational levels.
- Understand organisational behaviour and management practices by examining psychological principles.
- Facilitate a critical evaluation of organisational practices and their impact on work behaviours, attitude, and performance.
- Understand and apply individual behaviour in organisations
- Understand and apply group behaviour in organisations, including communication, leadership, power and politics, conflict, and negotiations
- Understand and apply the organisational system, including organizational structures, culture, human resources, and change.
- Above the age of 21 years of age
- Holds a minimum of High-School grade 12 / A-Levels / Diploma in any area / Other equivalent qualification
- Demonstrate a good and proficient command of English language
- Learners above the age of 30 years old who do not meet above but have significant work and life experience are encouraged to apply
The Specialist Certificate in Organizational Behavior Analysis course is our introductory training program to provide students with a foundation in advanced psychology focused on business application.
In this specialist certification program, participants will be introduced to the field of organisational behaviour analysis and will learn tools, practice, and applied strategies that support personal, organizational, and community productivity, performance, as well as well-being.
While the principles of human behavior in an organizational setting are no different than anywhere else, there are slightly different priorities, methods, and challenges in a functioning workplace. Organizational behavior analysts tend to focus on institutional issues, systems and broader social dynamics than a behavior analyst working in an educational or domestic environment. The scope of the field is flexible and can be modified to serve each organization depending on their specific needs and circumstances. Behavior modification strategies can be applied to specific individuals, smaller groups or to the entire organization at once.
When working with an organization, behavior analysts typically have slightly different priorities than they would in a clinical setting. Companies, non-profits, and government institutions usually seek out OBA services to increase their overall value or productivity. In a high-risk production facility, this could take the form of advanced employee safety training and conditioning to reduce the number of physical injuries. In an office, behavior analysis could be applied to solidify certain management techniques or foster employee morale.
This course is accredited and certified by:
1. Complimentary Medical Association UK (CMA UK).
2. Continuing Professional Development Certification Service UK (CPD UK)
3. International Association of Therapists (IAOTH)
Who this course is for:
- Students looking for a scientific approach to studying wellbeing and anyone in a professional setting wanting to increase productivity and workplace management.
- Mature students, school leavers, graduates with either professional experience or post-graduate study experience
- HR, business or marketing professionals, entrepreneurs
- Consultants, health, mental health, or law professionals.
Hi everyone! It is nice to e-meet everyone here. My name is Michael and I am the course coordinator and principal instructor for PSYREC Academy.
PSYREC Academy is an accredited consultancy, training, e-learning, and certification provider for the practice of clinical psychology, business psychology, and behavioral economics. Our courses have a unique blend of delivery through an Asian perspective - giving you an option for a diverse approach for the study of psychology skills.
PSYREC Academy courses are accredited and certified by:
1. Complimentary Medical Association UK (CMA UK).
2. Continuing Professional Development Certification Service UK (CPD UK).
3. International Association of Therapists (IAOTH).
A little about myself, I am a Chartered Psychologist with the British Psychological Society, and a Registered Clinical Psychologist with Singapore Psychological Society. I have been practicing as a psychologist since 2012 across health care, hospitals, community setting, and currently runs my own psychology clinic base in Singapore - Rogerian Psychology Singapore. I also lectures for several higher education institutions in Singapore for psychology related topics. I have completed my Masters in Clinical Psychology from University of Texas at Tyler (USA), and PhD in Behavioral Science from Universiti Teknologi Petronas (Malaysia).
PSYREC Academy is also grateful of our programme consultants who helped with developing and delivering the training for the courses. The consultants are:
1. Curtis Hollis, Licensed Specialist School Psychologist
2. Jake Bernardchuk, Licensed Psychological Associate
PSYREC Academy is also grateful for our awesome Teaching Assistant who are not only knowledgable in psychology related knowledge but also competent in applied psychological skills. Our Teaching Assistants are:
1. Adele Chew, Bachelor's in IT (Murdoch University), Diploma in Applied Psychology
2. Jananie Athaudha, Bachelor's in Psychology (Murdoch University)
3. Hannah Lim, Bachelor's in Psychology (Murdoch University)
4. Kay Ng, Bachelor's in Psychology (Murdoch University)
5. Magdalene Tsen, Bachelor's in Psychology (Murdoch University)