Special Operations in Commercial Aviation
What you'll learn
- An overview of specific operations in Aviation
- Extended-Range Twin-Engine Operational Performance Standards (ETOPS)
- Instrument Landing System (ILS) CAT II / CAT III aproaches
- Reduced Vertical Separation Minimum (RVSM)
- Performance Based Navigation (PBN), Area Navigation (RNAV) and Required Navigation Performance (RNP)
- Controller–Pilot Data Link Communications (CPDLC)
- Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast (ADSB)
- An interest in Aviation
- Basic aircraft flight terminology
Hello! and welcome to our introductory course on special operations in commercial aviation. In this course we cover several important operations in aviation that require specific authorization from civil aviation authorities.
By taking this course, you will learn the following topics:
- Instrument Landing system (ILS) CAT II/II approaches
- Extended-range Twin-engine Operational Performance Standards (ETOPS)
- Reduced Vertical Separation Minimum
- Performance based navigation (PB)
- Controller-Pilot Data link communications (CPDLC)
- Automatic Depenent Surveillance Broadast (ADSB)
Who we are
We are Southern Engineering and Aviation Services, or SOENAS, for short. We are an aviation consulting company based in Cordoba, Argentina, founded in 2013 by our Director Federico Suarez. Federico has more than 20 years of experience working in commercial aircraft maintenance, both as an employee for several important Latin American Airlines and as a freelance consultant.
SOENAS brings together a team of industry experts from the commercial aircraft maintenance industry, and offers tailored management solutions, from supervising heavy maintenance checks for commercial airlines to managing Aircraft lease transitions for Aircraft leasing companies.
Over the years our team noticed there are certain subjects we need to teach employees whenever bringing on now people to our team of consultants, even when they're professionals with a background in aviation. This problem is repeated across the industry.
Commercial aviation is both highly standardized and regulated at a global level, and the extensive amount of documentation, procedures and agreements that are necessary to guarantee safety in aviation can sometimes seem daunting. Maintenance of commercial aircraft is no exception, and our courses aim to help you understand the most important aspects of this complex and unique environment.
Our team was worked to translate many years of our experience in the field into comprehensive courses that are easy to take in yet highly informative, no matter your background. You can expect:
- High quality, engaging class animation
- Pre-scripted content
- Clear, simple explanations that are easy to understand
- Knowledge assessments after every lecture
- Real life examples of documents and certificates you may encounter in the field.
Who this course is for:
- Professionals starting a career in aviation
- Professionals from a non-technical backgroud working in an aviation environment
Southern Engineering and Aviation services (SOENAS) is an Aviation consulting company based in Cordoba, Argentina, with over 8 years of experience working in heavy maintenance of commercial aircraft.
During the 2020 pandemic, we decided to open up our in house training courses to the public, with a mission to share our teams years of field experience and provide high quality courses related to the commercial aviation industry.