Special Effects Makeup: Create a SPFX Prosthetics Vampire
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Prosthetic Makeup
- SPFX Makeup
- Makeup Application
- Patch Testing and Prepping the Skin
- Applying the Prosthetic
- Painting the Prosthetic
- Working with SPFX Products
- Maintaining and Removing the Prosthetic
- An understanding of makeup application is valuable but not required! Our trainer, Paige, will cover everything you will need to know.
Interested in special effects makeup or want to take your cosplay to the next level?
Using prosthetics makeup techniques, learn to create a special effects vampire with Paige Badenoch, a seasoned, professional makeup artist with 20 years experience in the film and television industry and lead trainer at The Australian Academy of Cinemagraphic Makeup.
This course will cover all aspects of application, from patch testing and prepping the skin, to applying the prosthetic and painting it, to maintenance and removal.
A taster of what is available in AACM's makeup courses, these lectures are a brief insight into the special effects makeup world.
- Beginner students interested in makeup application
- Fans of cosplay
- Makeup artists looking to upskill
- Anyone interested in special effects makeup
- Anyone interested in prosthetic makeup
- Anyone interested in Halloween makeup
Every special effects makeup look requires specific products to create the illusion; Paige will give you an overview of what you will need.
Allergies are extremely common and the last thing you want is a reaction. You will learn how to patch test the skin prior to application and what to look out for.
In this section, Paige demonstrates how to attach the prosthetic to the skin with adhesive and how to smooth edges.