Learn to Speak Nepali - Beginner Level
What you'll learn
- How to pronounce Nepali sounds.
- Listening to native speakers.
- Frequently used Nepali words.
- Different forms of Nepali words.
- Nepali grammar.
- Common Nepali structures.
- Nepali sentences: question & answer.
- Access to a computer, laptop or smart phone with internet.
- Pen and paper to take notes.
- Understanding of the English language.
- Motivation to learn Nepali.
During this course you will learn how to speak Nepali, the language spoken in Nepal as well as in the Indian states of Sikkim and West Bengal.
Please note, in this course you won't learn to write and read Nepali, as the Devanagari script of Nepali won't be used. Instead, all Nepali words and sentences will be written in the Roman/Latin script, as how you would speak it. Nepali has some different sounds of English. But don't worry, native Nepali speakers will help you pronouncing the Nepali words and sentences.
This course consists of 15 lessons spread over the 5 sections:
3. Time & Date
Each lesson follows the same structure:
Who this course is for:
- Tourists who want to use Nepali skills during sight seeing, trekking, safari or other attractions.
- Volunteers who want to use Nepali skills in their project.
- Foreigners who stay in Nepal for a long time.
- Foreigners who go to rural Nepal, where English is rarely spoken.
Sharing my gained skills, as well as obtaining new knowledge and experiences, is my passion.
In 2018 I achieved the Master of Education in Mathematics, specialised in differentiation of teaching methods and developing problem solving exercises, which I use for my brain training.
But even before the master, since 2013, I have been teaching online and at schools - in the Netherlands, Tanzania, and Nepal. As a result, I speak English, Dutch, and Nepali.
Mostly I am staying in rural Nepal, seeing a beautiful Nepali lifestyle whilst sharpening my language skills.
Before developing a course, I think carefully how to deliver the information to students - so each lesson has a logical structure and all lessons are joined. If you have any feedback or questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.