Speak Natural English: Communicate Like a Native Speaker
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Speak English in a more natural way
- Understand and use words, phrases and structures that native speakers prefer to use
- Notice patterns in the way fluent English speakers talk
- Anywhere from intermediate to lower advanced (B1-C1) level of English
Why take this course?
Understanding and speaking like a native/fluent speaker is a big challenge for many learners of English. Traditional courses are very good at teaching the language in a systematic way, but they contain specially-written material (articles, dialogues, etc). This material does not 100% represent the same living, breathing, natural English that you hear on British/American streets and in films and music.
The truth is, it's impossible for a course to teach you how to become a 100% fluent, natural English speaker. You need to spend years in an English-speaking country or a lot of time listening to the natural language.
It is, however, possible to teach you to observe patterns and features of natural spoken English. It is also possible to teach you the types of words and phrases that native speakers prefer to use in conversations and also the mentality of a language speaker rather than a learner. These skills and knowledge will help to accelerate the process.
And that is the goal of my latest course, Speak Natural English, where you will learn how to speak English in a more natural way and understand native speakers better.
Contents and overview
This course is designed for you if your current level of English is anywhere from B1 to C1. In the lectures, you will learn ...
Natural features of conversation
The mindset a native or fluent speaker
Natural English vocabulary, specifically how to use simple verbs and phrases in new and different ways
Unusual grammar structures that native speakers use a lot
How to pronounce words and sentences in a more natural way
Tips on understanding English speakers who speak fast
By the end of this course, you'll have valuable tools that will help you observe patterns in the way native speakers talk, which will help you improve faster.
- Non-native speakers of English who want to sound more natural in English
- Non-native speakers of English who need to use English in their daily life or work
- IELTS Speaking candidates who need Band 7 or higher
- Other examination candidates (e.g. TOEFL, Cambridge First, Advanced, etc.)
- Learners of English who just want to understand English and American videos, music, etc.
What is natural English? In this first lecture, I will explain why some learners of English sound more "natural" than others. In particular, I will introduce you to the kind of language that you typically don't learn in your standard English language courses.