Spark Starter Kit
- Basic Hadoop concepts. Don't know Hadoop ? Don't worry, sign up for our free Hadoop Starter Kit course.
When our students asked us to create a course on Spark, we looked at other Spark related courses in the market and also what are some of the common questions students are asking in websites like stackoverflow and other forums when they try to learn Spark and we saw a recurring theme.
Most courses and other online help including Spark's documentation is not good in helping students understand the foundational concepts. They explain what is Spark, what is RDD, what is "this" and what is "that" but students were most interested in understanding core fundamentals and more importantly answer questions like -
- Why do we need Spark when we have Hadoop ?
- What is the need for RDD ?
- How Spark is faster than Hadoop?
- How Spark achieves the speed and efficiency it claims ?
- How does memory gets managed in Spark?
- How fault tolerance work in Spark ?
and that is exactly what you will learn in this free Spark Starter Kit course. The aim of this course is to give you a strong foundation in Spark.
- Anyone who is interested in distributed systems and computing and big data related technologies.
- Let's get started
- Running Spark on your computer
- Spark vs. Hadoop - who wins ?
- Challenges Spark tries to address
- How Spark is faster than Hadoop ?
- The need for RDD
- What is RDD ?
- What an RDD is not
- First program in Spark
- What are dependencies & why they are important ?
- Program to Execution (Part 1)
- Program to Execution (Part 2)
- Memory management
- Fault tolerance
- Introduction to Scala
- First program in Scala (not Hello World)
- Scala functions
We are a group of Senior Hadoop Consultants who are passionate about Hadoop and Big Data technologies. We have experience across several key domains from finance and retail to social media and gaming. We have worked with Hadoop clusters ranging from 50 all the way to 800 nodes.
We have been teaching Hadoop for several years now. Check out our FREE and successful Hadoop Starter Kit course at Udemy.