Space Law 201
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 6 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Students will build on the introduction in Space Law 101 and look in more detail at the space treaties and the basics of space law.
- Gain familiarity with the scope of space law and the growing space industry
- Identify principles from other areas of law that form the foundation of space law.
- Identify where customary international law may apply in space law.
- Space Law 101
This course builds on the overview of space law your learned in Space Law 101, and examines the legal foundations of space law. The course has seven lectures. In part one, the Basics of Space Law, four lectures focus on; first, an introduction; second, the basic lexicon of space terminology, terms of art, and basic scientific principles of space technology; third, a current look at the increase in space investment and space law as a growing area; and fourth, the history of space law. In part 2, International Law Foundations in Space, we focus on areas of law that provide precedent and foundations for what we might encounter in space. This section includes two lectures on Antarctica and the Antarctica Treaty; a lecture on the Law of the Sea and how that relates to Space; and finally, a primer on Customary International law, which applies where there are otherwise no treaties. At the end of this course you will be better able to assess the law where business opportunities are emerging, apply and navigate the basics of space law, and draw from other areas of law in solving conflicts in space. (Note: None of this course constitutes legal advice and you should consult your own attorney for any questions you may have.)
- Law students
- policy analysts