How to make a Career Transition
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 14 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Leverage your current job to get to where you really want to go.
- Design a plan and activities that progress you towards your goals (whether you stay or to leave)
- Join other professionals from across the globe who are determined to squeeze the juice out of their current career and take it to the next level.
- Shift your mindset at work from negativity and towards possibilities.
- Internet access; no other prerequisites
Are you tired of letting the doldrums of your current job, color the rest of your life with the blues?
Are you ready to give your career a facelift?
Are you ready to take back the reins of your career to get back on track to your life purpose...in your current job?
Do you need to give your workweek a resuscitation -- so you can breathe again?
Are you convinced that this j-o-b isn't "it", but you know you are at this job for a reason? You want to leave but don’t have the green light, yet.
Are you ready to get your joy, confidence and purpose back right where you are?
Hint: If you answered "YES" to a majority of the questions, then you've come to the right place.
Join other career transitioners on a journey to getting the most out of your career and life.
This course is designed for people who are committed to transform their careers and lives. We will focus on developing your mindsets and focus at work so you can get your joy, confidence and purpose back -- at a less than perfect job. This course uses a five-step process that enable you to:
- Assess where you are in your current job so you can have a realistic picture of whether the job is really the problem (We'll sort through the good, bad and the ugly to find out just how bad it is!)
- Become aware of what is draining your energy at your current job and how to refocus and refuel regardless of whether your boss, coworker or company ever changes (imagine what it would be like to get back to your authentic self at work ---- look out world!)
- Accept and recommit to your career or make an empowered decision to leave. The choice is yours and making the choice is critical to your career success.
- Align your goals with your reality. Get the support you need to make your career livable; it takes a village.
- Learn the secrets to making Monday the best day of the week (yep, you read that right. Monday's don't have to be so bad)
- Affirm your career success by living for more than just a bullet point on a resume. Leave a legacy at your job that leaves your coworkers weeping at your farewell celebration.
- Practice the critical mindsets needed to make any job a place of purpose and destiny (yes, your dead beat job has a gem hidden in it—find out how to dig it up)
Here's What You Get:
- High quality Instructional Videos
- AN ACTION GUIDE for each video, to help guide your learning and to compile notes to execute on what you learn.
- Optional Office Hours: Join instructor and coach Brenda Bertrand and other course participants for live coaching. Come with questions and receive live coaching. You will receive an email inviting you to office hours.
- have struggled to embrace challenges at work, but is ready to give it another try
- want to lead a purpose driven career vs. just having a J-O-B
- thought about transitioning but you know it is not time yet
- you know there's something more to learn, give, and get at this job
- want to leave the job on your own terms and have people weeping at a going away party that you throw for yourself? :-)
- are ready to squeeze the juice out of the pile of lemons you've been sucking on (you can make southern lemondade, lemon soufflé or a mojito. Your pick, baby!)
- are determined to Navigate this job and this season of life with a new sense of clarity and purpose and joy
There is no worksheet for this video.
Step #4 is all about getting going and staying engaged. In order to implement what you have learned thus far, you need support. Your environment, support cast and goals will help guide you along. At this point, you are experience mental and emotional shifts. However, your workplace may remain the same. This video addresses the necessary elements to get in action and stay engaged.
Affirmation is the last step in the process. All commitments take public form. And those who are uber courageous, make commitments that make a difference in the life of others. This video focuses on moving forward with intention, for your own career transition but to also pay it forward. This video introduces the concept of "legacy" at work and how to make a lasting difference that lasts beyond your tenure. Whether you stay or leave your current job, you are daily making an impact.
You are challenged to take your job to the next level, far beyond resume building. Implement the tips in this video and people will weep when you resign.